Chapter Six

Natsu sat down in the infirmary next to Lucy's bed. Natsu didn't want to believe that it was Lucy's death bed. She just had to pull through. She had to.

Gray sat on the opposite side of Lucy's bed. He felt horrible. He should've helped her. He felt as if it was his fault.

"Color me impressed," Erza said. "Able to fight like that, with a broken leg."

"Its healed now," Gray pointed out.

"Still. She's amazing," Erza said. "Maybe she can surpass me one day. When she wakes up I will take her in as my apprentice and teach her."

Even Erza didn't want to believe Lucy was going to die. Erza was always trying to cheer up Gray and Natsu, and Happy, who would barely eat and spent his time sitting on a couch in the infirmary, only hardly speaking. The same with Natsu.

Juvia had brought in flowers for her "love-rival", although she barely called her that anymore. It was "Lucy-san" now, since Lucy had broken up with Lordin who everyone thought was Gray.

Mira would bring in food and beverages for Gray and Natsu and Happy to have, and Erza would often visit to speak to Natsu and Gray and to see if Lucy was any better. Sadly, the answer was only silence.

Lordin, on the other hand, was merely dead. He had stopped breathing. Natsu wondered how Lucy would take the news.

The red-head started to cook some food, playing upbeat music.  She always pestered Natsu and Gray about being happy. Sometimes she forgot Happy was there because he was so quiet.

"Lucy wouldn't want you guys to be so sober, now would she?" Erza asked the two mages. "C'mon. Be happy."

Natsu and Gray looked at each other and at Lucy, who's face was more gorgeous than ever, her face shining and her hair glossy and perfect (since Lisanna made a habit of brushing Lucy's hair while Mira sang to her). Juvia and Cana even went shopping for Lucy, and planned a welcome home party.

No one seemed to believe that Lucy was gonna die.

"If only I told her I loved her," Gray muttered.

"I should be the one that gets her, not you popsicle," Natsu shot.

"What did you call me, flame brain?" Gray yelled as their heads clashed together.

"You heard me, droopy eyes."

They started fighting out in the middle of the infirmary, Erza squealing, trying to protect her cake. Then she had enought and pulled out her Heart Kruez armor sword.

"STOP IT, YOU TWO!" Erza yelled, pointing the tip of her sword at Natsu and Gray.

The two wizards quickly fell to their knees and began to plead.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry milord."

"DANCE MY BLADES!!" Erza yelled as she swung her sword blindly, Natsu and Gray shrieking in terror.

"You three, stop it."

Everyone stopped. Happy's ears twitched and he slowly got up. Natsu and Gray stared up at Erza's frozen blades while Erza stared down at them.

She looked at her friends curiously, wondering what had happened to them. "Did Gray's powers finally freeze you all to ashes?"

"LUCYY!!" Natsu, Gray, Erza, and Happy rushed forward to hug the celestial mage, knocking her backward 28th by it. Natsu landed next to the blonde, Erza on the other, Happy on Lucy's head, and Gray on the girl, all laughing. Gray and Lucy blushed and stared at each other for a while until Natsu, Erza, and Happy noticed and Natsu started to push off Gray.