Chapter 15

"Stupid boss, stupid job..." I grumbled pacing and running my hands through my hair. I was full of mixed emotions right now. Part of me was happy, like super fucking happy that I quit but other part was angry. I'm currently jobless.

"Really fabulous, Laura..." I said to myself taking deep breaths.

"You okay?" A familiar voice gruffed out. I yelped in surprise turning around to face mystery man. My gray eyes met his green one's. "What- uh, yay!" I blubbered. A smile came upon his lips but in a flash it was gone.

We just stared at each other in silence. He didn't seem bothered by the lack of talking, actually he looked pretty content at staring at my face. Which made me into a even more nervous wreck.

Being under his burning gaze became too much, "Uh, I need to go. Got a large wolf-" I cut myself off.

'Great idea Laura tell the godly specimen that you have a wolf living with you. Brilliant.'

"Uh," coughing loudly. "Large...cake! Yep, large cake. At home."

'You are a loser.'

"Ok." He said simply shoving his hands into his pockets.

I turned to my truck ignoring his eyes on me. Opening the door with a loud creak, I settled in the worn out leather seat. My gaze looked to where mystery man was only to see he was gone.

I groaned and cursed loudly, faceplating into the steering wheel. "I'm a idiot!"

~

"Grumpy!" I shouted into my home. I walked to my couch and plopped down on the cushion. My body was spread out, sinking into the plush feeling.

"Really?" I groaned. A large weight is on top of my body. "We did this already. Unless you wanna sky dive off, get up slowly." My words were ignored as he gazed at my face. "What's with people looking at my face!"

I closed my eyes briefly and jumped when I opened them again. The wolf's face was even closer.

I was confused as I looked into his dark green eyes, "Why are those eyes so familiar?"

Grumpy just gave me a gently nudge with his cold nose. "Hmm...dinner?" He growled. "I'll take that as a yes."