Chapter 21

I'm really, really stupid!

"Idiot!" I cursed when I stumbled once again, my eyes straining in night. I gasped when a loud howl pierced the air.

Is that grumpy or...a different wolf?

"This is officially the dumbest thing I've ever done. I'm going to be eaten alive!"

I yelped when my foot got caught on something causing me to stumble and fall. A hiss left through my clenched teeth as I felt a stinging sensation on my knees and hands. "Awesome."

I lifted my self off the ground till I sat on my bottom. I wiped away the dirt on my hands wincing once in a while when the fabric rubbed against my scrapes. A couple of seconds later I noticed that I was no longer holding the flashlight.

I stood and continued forward when I seen my flashlight on the ground. "Gotcha." As I went to pick it up, I heard a cracking noise from somewhere behind me. I froze before hastily pick up the flashlight in my hands, clutching onto it for dear life.

Now, there was no way in hell that I would be a dumbass and say 'Hello' because I really don't want to die!

I sprinted off to my right without a second thought and speeded up faster as I heard the quick footsteps following me.

A scream tore through my parted lips when my large arms locked around my waist and hoisted my body up in the air and on a hard shoulder. Blood rushed to my head and my vision turned upside down, my only view being the person's back and the ground. Just as I was about scream I again, I realized two things: I been in this position before and I recognized the view.
"I know its you caveman! I recognize your ass!"

I really wish I didn't say that.

"Why are you out in the middle of the night?"

"I felt it would be a fabulous time to take a jog."

He hoisted me off his shoulder and on the ground, keeping a firm girp on my arms. "Don't be a smartass." My grey eyes narrowed. "Don't ask stupid questions."

He stared a me few moments longer before he turned himself away from me and started tugging my arm in his direction. "I'm going to ask agian: why are you out in the middle of the night?"

I pressed my lips tighly together, my intention to ignore him. He turned around to look at me when he heard silence. "Tell me." I glared before turning my face away. A growl exited from his throat, "I don't like being ignored." My head snapped back to his, "Well, I don't like being treated like a rag doll. So, deal!"

Instantly, I felt the tight grip ease. "Sorry." He mumbled. "Just leave me alone." His apologetic voice turned cold. "Not. Happening." I felt anger rising within me and I snapped. My other hand that wasn't trapped by him, in a flash raised up and slapped him on the face. Hard. His expression remained like stone and didn't even budge from the pain but I could've sworn there was even some amusement in his eyes.

"Who are you?"

"Eli."