Chapter 16

His head layed upon his paws watching his crazy mate cook. Her hips swung to the beat of the music and her voice sang the notes terribly. She knew that her singing was awful but that didn't stop her. Laura laughed as she danced around the kitchen without a care.

Adoration washed over him at the sight. When he was near her everything was pure bliss. He didn't have to worry even if it is just lasted for a second.

His stomach rumbled when he smelled her amazing cooking. "I heard that!" Laura laughed. He huffed slightly at her. "I'm hungry too." She smiled at him quickly before returning her attention back to the food.

He gazed at her while never taking his eyes away from her. Fearing if he looked away, she'd disappear. He looked and craved for his mate for so long that he couldn't let her go even if she asked. He would always be by her side.

Just as Laura sat down with her food after giving him his, a timid knocked sounded at the door.

"Oh c'mon! That's twice in one week!" She exclaimed in exasperation. She walked to the door grumbling under her breath while he silently followed behind her. He growled when he smelt a familiar scent. Tony.

"Oh hi, Tony?"

He smiled at her shyly while stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Hey Laura. I was wandering if you wanted to go out to get something to eat?"

"Oh," Laura said, a sad smile on her lips."I just cooked-"
Tony's smile fell.  She dropped her head to the ground before letting out a sigh. "Uh Sure. Where too?"

He growledat her words and nipped on her leg tugging her back away from him.

"Just a sec."

Laura closed the door softly then crouched and gently holding his face. "I'll be back, don't worry." He clamed a bit but he still felt rage against the other male.

Laura went up stairs to change while he was glaring at the door. No man besides him should near her. She was his, no one elses.

He snarled at Laura when she came back down. He disliked the outfit she was wearing, the clothes clung tightly to her body showing off her wonderful shape. Hell no.

"See you later grumpy." Laura said to him and giving him a kiss on the head.

Quietly shutting the door behind her and locking it. He rumbled with a growl when he heard it speak. "I know this great Italian place around the block..."

He listened to their footsteps walk away and each step sended him in rage and jealousy.

His bone began to pop and move as he shifted into his human form, ignoring the small breeze on his bare skin. A smirked emerged on his face.

"Ready or not, here I come..."