5: Sword Fighting

Author's Note: School's Out! Yes! Sorry, I'm just so ready for summer, even though I love school. Okay, so I hope you all are still enjoying this. I will gratefully take suggestions or corrections. Please R&R. And remember, ENJOY!

Annabeth's POV

I led my family to sword fighting. Percy and I taught this class, so I could hang out with him a little longer before we went our separate ways. Percy was already there setting up swords on a rack while Sally and Paul talked. Cameron was running around, chasing a blue butterfly that was fluttering just out of her reach. I smiled at her.

"Hey, Perce. Need any help?" I asked.

He looked up. "Nah. But I do believe you need help. You have to talk to Helen. Get her to understand stuff. And also, make her stop thinking that being a demigod is some kind of a disease." I smirked and reluctantly returned to Helen. Her eyes were fixed on me, as if trying to figure out my next move. I sighed. The class started in about three minutes. I had to at least schedule a time to talk to Helen.

"Hey," I said. She didn't respond. Well, this is going well. "We need to talk. I have to teach this class with Percy, but afterward, we need to figure this out." I made wide arm gestures. Helen glanced at me. Her usual cold blue eyes softened slightly. Once again she was silent, but she nodded anyway. "Thank you."

I walked up to Percy. "So..." he droned. "What happened?"

"I'm going to talk to her afterward." Percy nodded, then turned to the class.

"Hello. I am Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon. And this is my girlfriend Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena. We will be teaching you how to sword fight. We will only be showing you the basics for the next four weeks. Any questions?"

A cocky jock raised his hand. Percy nodded towards him. "What makes you think you are so good?" He sneered. Percy looked unfazed. "I think I should fight you! I know how to sword fight. I took some classes when I was younger. I will demolish you." Percy snickered along with Clarisse and Chris who had stopped by to watch, hoping to see a spar between Percy and I.

"Yeah okay," Clarisse said. "Just go ahead and fight the best swordsman in the last 3,000 years." The jock frowned.

"Now, I don't know. Luke was my teacher... mostly," he mumbled. I turned away. Luke, Luke. "Sorry, Annie." I smiled up at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Okay. What is your name?"

"My name is Gian," jock bot said confidently.

"Okay then, Gian. If you want to fight me, come up and do it." Gian gulped slightly, then covered it up with a handsome smile. When he passed me, he winked and I wanted to barf. A cocky jock AND a player. Yay.

Gian tried to snarl at Percy, but it came out as more of a strangled cry. I stifled a fit of giggles. I saw Gian's family ready to cheer him on. I glanced around and saw Lena. Lena and Gian were siblings. Yeah, can't see that. Lena just leaned against the fence and smirked watching her brother.

"Hey, Perce," Chris called from the outside. "Go easy on 'im." Percy smiled and watched as Gian readied himself. Percy stood there gazing at him, smiling. Then, Gian charged. This was what Percy was waiting for. Gian's sword was pointed at Percy's chest, and Perce easily side stepped. Gian turned and snarled. For about thirty seconds, it was a repeat of charge, side step, charge, side step. Finally, Gian got irritated.

"Use your stupid sword!" He shrieked through panting breaths. Percy shrugged. Then, Gian charged. Percy didn't side step this time. He quickly used the disarming skill he had first learned from Luke. Gian's sword clattered onto the ground. "Again!" Gian demanded. He was drenched in sweat, and Percy looked like he had just strolled aimlessly for a few moments.

"Okay," Percy began. "But hold your sword like this." He quickly corrected Gian's grip before backing away. Gian clearly hadn't learned anything, and charged, and Percy disarmed them. This continued until Clarisse got bored and shouted, "Stop toying with him and fight Annabeth!" The mortals looked confused. Their facial expressions clearly read, He is just toying!

"Finally!" I muttered. "I've been bored out of my mind!" The mortals still thought the short duel was still amazing and didn't understand how boring it actually was. I stepped up to Percy. "Ready to get your butt kicked, Seaweed Brain?" Percy chuckled.

"What is the score for today so far? Eleven to ten? Oh, yeah. I am gonna bring our stats to a tie!" Percy announced. I laughed before readying myself. Then, we flew at each other. We were just a blur of swords and limbs. Block, parry, attack. I was really enjoying myself as I fought. Finally, Percy knocked my sword out of my hand. His sword tip was pointed at my neck. "Dead." he declared, judo flipping me and sitting on top of me, locking my wrists.

"Fine. But we have to have a winner by tonight. I could go all day!" I said. Percy glanced at the mortals. They were shocked. Their mouths were open, forming huge O's. I saw a few demigods exchanging money. I smiled as I saw Connor Stoll pass twenty dollars and ten drachmas to Chris Rodriguez. "So, are we going to teach this class or not?" Percy got off of me and helped me up.

"So, that is an example of high level skills. We are only teaching the basics. Now everybody grab a sword and..." I zoned out. Percy looked amazing. His black hair was ruffled, his eyes were filled with joy as he watched the younger children. The afternoon sun made Percy's deeply tanned skin glisten. I could see his well toned muscles rippling slightly as he moved. I sighed and went to help out.

We taught for another half hour. Then, the dreaded time came- talking to Helen.