Chptr. 23

"Those who are dead

Are not dead

They're just living in my head

And since I fell for that spell

I am living there as well..."

~ 42 by Coldplay from the album 'Viva La Vida'

(Song is up above! The entire album can be found on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

...

Poseidon raised his arms in anger, making all the water in the ocean go crazy. His eyes looked over his kingdom of water as he shot himself forward, heading to the city that never sleeps, NYC.

...

"Sir," Jarvis said, making Tony look up from the game. "What now, Jarvis? Did another suit crash?" "No sir, there are weather warnings all around the country." This made Percy and Thalia also look up. "Jarvis? Is it the oceans, seas, water and the weather?" Thalia asked cautiously, shooting a glance towards Percy who looked disturbed, looking up at the ceiling while waiting for Tony's electronic butler to answer. "Yes miss Thalia," Jarvis answered. "Fuck!" Percy shouted as an immediate response to the news, shooting up from his chair and going over to the elevator. "Don't you fucking dare, Jackson!" Thalia shouted. "What the fuck is going on!" Tony shouted. "I have to stop the idiot, Thalia! We both know that he wants me!" Percy walked into the open elevator, the doors immediately closing, making Thalia storm towards the stairs.

"Can someone at least explain to me why everybody is suddenly going nuts!"

...

"Poseidon! Stop this!" Zeus shouted from the skies above the grand city of New York. "Give my daughter the time she needs to find him!" "I am done with your lies, Zeus!" Poseidon yelled in anger, the angry waves coming closer to NYC. "I am done with taking your orders!"

...

As Percy ran through the streets of New York, he bumped into so many people, running towards the west in the hope of finding shelter. The screaming, the fear... It was all so familiar to him. He looked around to see stormy clouds fill the sky and his ears with the rumbling of thunder. The demigod felt his heart pumping in his chest, the adrenaline going through his veins. His eyes were wide.

"Percy, please buddy..."

The teenager shook his head and continued running. His sneakers hit the pavement one by one, the sound not to be heard over the screams of tourists and the citizens of the city of dreams. His breathing fastened, his body was aching because of all the wounds and bandages. People ran past him, sometimes bumping into him in panic, trying to get away from the dangerous waters that could take their lives.

"I'm so sorry..."

Percy's headache got worse as he looked up to see lightning striking one of the skyscrapers, making glass shatter and fall towards the ground. He ran even faster, some of the glass still scraping his skin. He grunted at the pain but continued his journey.

"Percy!" Percy stopped and turned around to see Thalia running towards him. "Stop, you seaweed brain!" "Thalia, I have to make sure my dad doesn't, y'know, flood New York!" "I can help!" Suddenly the image of Thalia glitched a bit, making Percy stumble back. "What was that?" He asked with a worried look on his face. "What was what?" Thalia asked, her voice not sounding like hers at all, it sounded faded, like a vinyl that was played so much that the sound wasn't 'fresh' anymore. "Thalia, I've got to go..." Percy said as he turned around, to see the battlefield of the Second Titan War, bodies laying everywhere. His mouth fell open as he took a step back, immediately stepping into a pool of blood. "What is going on!" He shouted as the image shifted back to the panicked city of New York.