choice three.

HELLO YES I AM SORRY, THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER ON HOLD

short update to clench ur thirst

warning: an almost kiss without consent

"where the hell is jeongguk." yoongi muttered, staring at jimin's peacefully asleep state.

after a frantic night of jimin's vomit all over the floor, trying to get the younger to drink some water without puking it out-- that drug was really something, yoongi sort of wanted to punch the stranger at the bar again-- and jimin's sudden episodes of drunken slash drugged sobs at two a.m. in the morning, they were finally at this stage.

jimin, overnight, had successfully messed up the slightly damp white sheets of his own bed. sunlight emitted through the nearby window, shining and highlighting jimin's features if you looked close enough.

sure, yoongi may be looking like a creep right now, but it's not weird or anything like that if jimin was his boyfriend in the original run. give yoongi a break-- he's been through the heartbreak (it still hurts him up until now), so seeing jimin's soft lips he used to know up close, along with the hair he used to ruffle (and, cough, pull on) was giving him some reassurance that he wouldn't fuck up this time around.

he's happy to be eyeing jimin like this, but the fact that jeongguk still wasn't here really bothered him. the flower said he'd be here by the morning to give yoongi a choice, but where was he?

as if jeongguk heard his thoughts (by now, he's pretty sure that the magic flower boy was actually able to do so), two choices appeared above jimin, almost instantly.

KISS JIMIN

OR

WAKE HIM UP

yoongi gulped.

now, this was a tricky situation.

let's divide this into three parts.

first of all, his heart said no to the first choice. this is his second chance-- possibly his last. he's barely established a relationship with jimin and deep inside, he very well knows that this could potentially mess everything up. jimin doesn't have any feelings for yoongi at this point in time, the older's sure of it.

second, his stupid, pathetic brain said yes to the first choice. he missed jimin. a lot. it hasn't been long since their 'breakup' (if you could still call it that, as he's pressed the restart button), so it's quite natural for yoongi to be missing jimin so much. he thinks. this is his second chance, but it'll be lasting for a long time, right? so why not go for it?

he could be brave or just insane-- we'll have to see.

(DO SOME OF YOU GET THE REFERENCE criEs)

third, jeongguk. he was still nowhere to be found, it's actually worrying yoongi quite a bit. jeongguk said he'd help yoongi, but where was he when yoongi was the most conflicted?

soon enough, his brain wins him over.

KISS JIMIN

and before he realizes it, he's bending over, inches away from jimin's face (like the damn creep he is), lips brushing lightly.

and that's when jimin stirred in his sleep, soon slowly opening his eyes. they only widen in shock when he sees yoongi hovering above him, looking at jimin with slight shock, as well.

yoongi immediately tumbled back and watched as jimin sat up, a light blush dusting his cheeks as he looked at anything other than yoongi. yoongi could hear jimin's light breathing, escalating into nervous breaths as he glanced at yoongi with a hint of aftershock in his eyes.

yoongi spoke up first, "i--"

only to be cut off by jimin edging to the bed, and skipping over to the bathroom with a, "it's fine. hyung." before slamming the bathroom door close when he stepped inside.

yoongi was about to curse under his breath, at himself, at anything, until a voice behind him spoke up,

"you're smooth as butter. jjang jjang man boong boong!"

upon turning around, he's met by jeon jeongguk, who's standing by the doorway, leaning against the doorframe, shaking his head with an unamused expression plastered on his face. yoongi could immediately tell that the younger's statement was built upon pure sarcasm-- it wasn't that hard to notice, considering that yoongi has just failed at life.

"jeongguk."

"min yoongi," jeongguk addressed as he strode over to the bed, plopping down and leaning back with his palms against the soft sheets, legs crossed as he stared at yoongi disappointingly. "what have you done."

"stupidity." yoongi answered, no longer in the mood. he got his second chance. every choice matters and he just let his pure, pathetic stupidity take over him as if it were some kind of impulse. it shouldn't have been.

jeongguk let out a low whistle, "no refunds."

yoongi glared at the younger, "and where were you?"

jeongguk stared at him for a moment. "taking care of some... business," he somewhat lied, "which is none of yours."

yoongi scoffed. "could've hurried up, yeah? i was conflicted."

"well, i'm sorry," jeongguk sighed, "you know, when i saw the choice coming, i thought you'd be a bit more sensible."

"i missed jimin." yoongi suddenly felt like giving up, his voice pitching down a bit with the a hint of sadness on the edges.

jeongguk almost felt sorry for him.

until the bathroom door opened, revealing jimin, who barely looked like he changed at all.

jeongguk lets out, "oh no." as he shook his head slowly.

yoongi's eyes widened, glancing in between jeongguk, who looked really calm and jimin, who stood there, a bit fazed.

yoongi tried to speak up, "jeong--"

"i think you should go." jimin said, voice a little shaky.

it's normal for him to be like this. jimin had shock with a little bit of fear at waking up with the sight of yoongi hovering above him, looking like he was going to press a light kiss against jimin's own lips. he liked yoongi as an acquaintance, sure, but he's feeling a bit uncertain if they should stay that way or try to be friends. he generally just feels like his personal bubble's been popped. it's just... awkward.

oh, right. he can't see jeongguk. yoongi thought, biting his lip.

"don't get me wrong. you're really nice, yoongi-sshi," what happened to hyung? "and i really appreciate what you did last night and... the effort you spent, probably all night, to keep my whole being intact..."

"he really thought of this in the bathroom, huh." jeongguk remarked.

"...but i think i can manage. my fever's gone down, right?"

"yeah." yoongi answered, slightly frowning. "if you're wondering, hoseok spent the night at namjoon and jin's..."

"oh. good." he cleared his throat, "so, i, uh. i'll just get some rest. you can... go now. thanks again. see you around." jimin said quickly.

and before yoongi knows it, he's standing outside of jimin's house.

jeongguk patted him on the shoulder, "you tried."

did he really?

do yall think stuff's happening too fast? pls comment. but also know that yoongi rly regrets cheating on jimin so now he's sorta too desperate and sometimes forgets that it's his second chance