Chapter 3

Nick's POV

I had gotten busy during the last week working on different things so it had been awhile since I had seen Mallory I step out on the porch with Nacho at my heels I look up at the sky that is beginning to darken. The clouds were dark and thickening plus the wind was picking up I guess we were in for a storm today my eyes go from the sky to Mallory's house she was home I walk across the street and knock on the door and a few minutes later she opens it. "Hey Nick." I smile "Hey Mal I wanted to ask you something." "What's up?" "Would you like to come over for dinner later?" She looks at me "Sure I'd love to." I smile again "Great see you in two hours?" She nods and a few minutes later I go back home I get everything ready to start dinner so it will be hot when Mal comes over I sit down and start fixing some song ideas I've been working on once dinner is ready and I'm brought out of my thoughts by a loud clap of thunder. I look up from the table and see that the sky has gotten a lot darker just then I hear a knock on the door Mal was here I get up and go open the door and she walks in with Mac behind her.

 I look up from the table and see that the sky has gotten a lot darker just then I hear a knock on the door Mal was here I get up and go open the door and she walks in with Mac behind her

Mallory's POV

After Nick and I have dinner we go sit on his couch while Mac and Nacho are playing I flinch a bit when there's an extremely loud clap of thunder then a bright flash of lightening and a few seconds later his house is dark. Nick stands up and I grab something that ends up being his hand "Sorry." "No problem." He walks out of the room and he comes back a little while later then lights some candles that are casting shadows on the walls, he lays a flashlight down then sits down in the floor in front of the couch. The storm continues and every now and then lightning causes the room to light up Mac and Nacho have joined us and they are laying in different corners I was going to be here for a while because the storm was too rough for me to get back home even if it was just across the street I look over at Nick when he starts writing in a notebook. He looks at me and his eyes look brighter in the light of the candles "I'm trying to figure out this song I've been working on want to hear?" I nod and he starts singing "So I will wait for you this love was made for two and I'll hold on this time no I won't leave you behind I will wait for you." He looks at me "That's all I have so far." I smile "It's great I think it will be a good song." He goes back to writing in the notebook I reach over and start running my fingers through his hair he doesn't stop me, he leans back against the couch and I continue but it doesn't feel strange or weird it feels natural like I've been doing it for a long time.

Nick's POV

I yawn then let out a groan and open my eyes and realize I fell asleep while the power was out I look around and see the candles have melted into wax and the lights are back on I look down and see Nacho next to me. I turn my head and feel skin I had leaned back against the couch Mallory's arm is draped around my shoulders and her hand is on my chest I look up on my couch and see Mallory sleeping with Mac on the other end of the couch. I slowly get out of the floor and pick up a blanket then lay it over her I don't want to wake her up so I let her sleep. She looks peaceful I bend down to kiss her but stop myself I put my notebook away then go in the kitchen and start breakfast I take a deep breath and start thinking about waking up with her and her hand on my chest I enjoyed it I wouldn't mind if it happened again. I glance in the living room and see that she is still sleeping she could stay if she wanted to I wouldn't mind it I liked spending time with her I wasn't Nick Carter Popstar or Backstreet Boy I was just me and it had been awhile since anyone had treated me like that.

Mallory's POV

I wake up and stretch and look out the window and see that it's morning I look around and see that I'm still in Nick's living room I stayed here all night. I stand up and stretch again then walk in the kitchen and stop my hands get sweaty and my heart starts pounding Nick is standing in the kitchen he doesn't have a shirt on so I'm able to see his tattoos, and his hair was pointing in different directions that just added to how hot he looked. I take a deep breath and calm myself "Good morning." He turns around and looks at me and smiles "Good morning." He walks over and offers me coffee but I pass I wasn't really much of a coffee person. "How do you like your eggs?" "Uh Scrambled." A little later Nick and I are in his kitchen eating breakfast together it was nice we talked and laughed and I wouldn't mind waking up and doing this again I stay for a while then decide it's time to go home feed Mac, shower and change clothes. As I'm walking home I start thinking to myself and I wonder what it would be like to wake up with Nick every morning I was starting to really like Nick a lot.

 As I'm walking home I start thinking to myself and I wonder what it would be like to wake up with Nick every morning I was starting to really like Nick a lot