Chapter 11

Nick's POV

This was it all my bags were packed today was the day I was leaving to go to LA for over a few months and for the first time in my career I wasn't looking forward to going on a tour. There was one thing I had to do before I left I put it off for as long as possible I haven't told Mallory that I was leaving for tour I know that I should have told her but I didn't want her to think I was using her while I was here in Nashville because that's the last thing I wanted her to think. I walk over to her house ad knock on the door she opens it and smiles "Hey Nick." I smile back then scratch my neck "Hey Mal I'm leaving for the airport soon to go back to LA." She looks at me and I wish I had said something sooner "Thank you for watching the house for me." There's an awkward silence between us after that. I look at her and meet her eyes "I don't regret what happened between us and when I come home I want this... us to continue I hope you don't regret it either." She hugs me and wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap my arms around her.

Mallory's POV

I hate that Nick is leaving I really didn't want him to after spending so much time with him I knew one thing I was going to miss him. He wanted this whatever we have and whatever we are to continue Nick called us an us he wanted to be something I felt the same wat he did I would never regret this and I know we could actually be something one day I sigh then lay my head on his shoulder while I'm standing in his arms. Nick pulls away and looks down at me "I have to go my flight leaves soon." I nod and go to pull away and go back inside but he stops me I look up at him he pulls me to him and kisses me I kiss back and run my fingers through his hair. He pulls away "See you Mal." "Bye Nick." He goes back to his house and I go inside a little while later I watch him leave for the airport I close my eyes and lay my head against the window there was a part of me that didn't think Nick meant what he was saying and that he would find someone else when he got back to LA. I sigh then walk away from the window and go sit by the pool with Mac laying next to me.

Howie's POV

We have our first meeting as a group a few days later Nick arrives and we all notice a few different things about him. The first is he's really happy he had a permanent smile on his face and it seemed to only get bigger whenever he gets a text or a call he didn't tell us who it was but if I had to guess I would say there was a girl behind Nick's happiness. The few months that he spent in Nashville had been really good for him I'm glad that the time away and his break had made a difference and helped him after our meeting I go outside and find Nick sitting there and he looked a little upset. I walk over and sit down next to him and he looks over at me "Hey Howie." "Everything okay?" He sighs then takes a deep breath "It's fine just miss home it was great." "Tell me about her Nick." He looks at me and he looks a little surprised. "Not hard to figure out huh?" I shake my head then Nick starts telling me about this girl he met I could tell one thing and that was Nick definitely had it bad.

 "Not hard to figure out huh?" I shake my head then Nick starts telling me about this girl he met I could tell one thing and that was Nick definitely had it bad

Nick's POV

I wake up the next morning and sit up in bed I had only been here for a few days but I missed Mal already. I reach over and pick up my phone then call her and while I'm waiting on her to answer I wonder if she misses me just as much as I miss her a few minutes later I hear the sound I've been dying to hear and its Mallory's voice. "Hello?" I smile to myself "Good morning Mal." "Good morning Nick how are things going?" "It's going good we are starting to prepare and get things ready for now how are things at home?" She tells me how things are going at home and there isn't really a lot to do and that things were quiet in the neighborhood. I stay and talk for as long as I can I had a really long day coming up and I don't want to do it I don't want to hang up, I don't want to leave this room, I didn't want to leave Nashville right now I would rather be at home with Mal I wanted more time with her. I still loved the fans and I loved my job but right now in this moment music was secondary for me.

Mallory's POV

After I get off the phone with Nick I take Mac to the park and let him play with a few other dogs while I'm sitting there I feel kind of sad. Nick hadn't even been gone for a whole week yet but I already missed him he had become a really good friend while he was here I know we were on our way to becoming something more he even said he wanted us to continue whenever he came back from LA. I just hoped I would be able to make it while he was gone I sigh things were different with Nick gone I watch Mac play and run for a few hours then I decide it's time to go back home on the way home I stop by the store and do a few other things once I get home I stand in my kitchen and look around the house just me and Mac again. I was lonely without Nick I didn't realize he had become such a big part of my life I sigh then walk in the kitchen and start thinking of different ways I could make it less lonely around here.