Dog eat dog world

Me and Simon  watch the men in our group stack the boxes up in the lorries.

"Come on , don't want to keep boss waiting " Simon shouts.

I lean against a wall chewing my gum and swinging my hockey stick around carelessly.
I get the weird feeling that someone's watching me again.

"I'll be 2 minutes Simon , I expect everyone to be ready to leave by the time I'm back "  I walk away , the gravel crunching under my feet.
I walk toward to the vast forest. The trees are densely packed making it hard to see anything . I push a branch out of the way and stumble. A stick snaps somewhere. I listen quietly , I peer around the corner .
2 young people are kissing. They look familiar. I pull the gun out of my holster. It feels heavy in my hands I'm not used to using guns. I stare at the lovers. Then it clicks. It's Carl from Alexandria and a girl , they're being stupid. Careless. I could be a walker and they would have no clue . But I'm worse than a walker. The girl turns and walks off. Carl heads the other way toward Hilltop. Idiot. The girl is weak and pathetic I can tell she won't be able to defend herself. I keep a step behind her ducking behind trees and bushes. She's oblivious to me. She stops only s few yards from the place her and Carl kissed and sits down shuffling through her bag. I creep out from the bushes behind her holding the gun in one hand and a knife in the other . I move in .
I yank her hair back and put the knife on her throat. I place the gun against her temple . She goes to yell but I press the knife harder , warning her. A tear rolls down her cheek.
"Stupid girl , so oblivious caught up on a boy he's not gonna protect you so no point calling for him , one thing I learnt is you got to protect yourself , it's a dog eat dog world out here "
She whimpers. She tries to Speak
"Don't hurt me please , please god "
I honestly feel sorry for her now she's a mess pathetic and blubbering " I loosen the knife and put the gun away.
"Why don't you tell me your name ? "