Seventeen

A/N: This chapter is set in the alternative universe... I couldn't help myself.

Seventeen

*~*~*~*

"Zia!" I heard a familiar voice call as I finished getting ready in the bathroom. After finishing my hair, I put the curling iron aside and headed out of the bathroom and out into the main area of my apartment. Standing in my kitchen I spotted a familiar brunette, looking through my fridge for something to eat.

"You do realize that I gave you that key for emergencies, right?" I crossed my arms over my chest, my voice causing Izzy to turn around, as though she were a deer caught in headlights.

"It was an emergency." She held up a banana, as though it were her proof. "I was hungry. Besides, we're late meeting up with the others for coffee."

"I'm sure Simon can survive ten more minutes of you not being glued to his side." I teased, causing her cheeks to flush. "Now let's go before you eat me out of here."

"You know, I feel like I'm being bullied every time I come over here." She looped her arm through my own as we headed out of the apartment, only stopping long enough for me to lock the door behind us. "So, you excited for tonight?"

"Not as much as Alec," I chuckled at the thought of her older brother. He had been putting his all into planning tonight's party. After weeks of stressing about it the party was finally here, which hopefully meant he'd be relaxing starting tomorrow. "Us girls are still getting ready at your place, right?"

"Right." She nodded as we turned the corner, spotting Alec and Simon sitting at a table amiss all the food and coffee trucks.

"Looks like we're not the only ones late." I pointed out, noticing the absence of our red haired friend.

"There you guys are." Simon smiled when he spotted us, Izzy quickly hurrying over to take a seat next to him while I made my way around the table to sit next to Alec.

"We were starting to think you got lost." Alec said as I pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"I woke up late." I informed them. "And then I had to keep Izzy from eating all the food out of the fridge. Besides, I don't see Clary or Jace."

"Jace's working." Simon nodded towards the coffee truck a few yards away from us. I looked over, spotting the blonde haired boy serving a customer. "Though, Clary's MIA."

"See," I smirked at Izzy, only earning her sticking her tongue out at me in return.

"I'll be back," Simon slipped out of his seat. We all watched as he hurried away, greeting Clary as she arrived.

"What in the world?" I raised a brow as I saw Clary push Simon away before she looked around in confusion. Simon only shook his head before grabbing Clary's hand, leading her over to our table.

"And when you get that look, I either have to caffeinated you immediately or accept full responsibility for you killing someone. And you know how I am with blood." Simon sat her down before he headed over to Jace's truck to get her a coffee.

"Is that new?" Izzy asked, nodding at the necklace Clary was wearing. I looked at it too, not recognizing the large purple stone of sorts that hung from the chain around her neck.

"Yes, I got it a couple days ago." Clary nodded.

"It goes with your dress, right?" I raised a brow at her. "You're getting ready at Izzy's place with us tonight, right?"