Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.

Once all of Evan's friends leave, it's just me and him. I should probably leave too, but there really isn't any point. Van's mad at me, my mom's crazy, and Van's dad, Richard is a douche-hole. Home is the last place I want to be.

"What time do you have to be home?" Evan asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, cuddling up to him on the couch. "I could stay, if you want?"

Evan pretends to be focusing on the TV playing on his dresser, but it's obvious that his thoughts are starting to drift into the gutter. "Do you want to stay?"

"Well, I don't want to go home, so unless you want me to sleep on a bench in the park; yes, I want to stay," I giggle.

"I have a class in the morning at eight, in case you wake up and I'm gone," he tells me.

I nod along. "Can I borrow a t-shirt?"

Evan rolls off of the bed and walks over to his dresser, shuffling around in one of the drawers.

I stand up and walk closer to him as he hands me a gray t-shirt and I leave the room to go to the bathroom. I've been waiting all night to snoop through his bathroom.

After putting on the t-shirt, I begin looking through his cabinets, starting with the one below the sink. There's nothing but rolls of toilet paper, soap, shampoo, and towels. I peek through the drawers and jackpot. There's a brand new box of condoms. He had to have bought it recently because it's practically in perfect condition. He had to have gotten them after he met me.

I take the hair tie out of my hair and run my fingers through it a couple of times. Then I use a little bit of his toothpaste on my finger to brush over my teeth. I quickly dry my hands and walk back to his bedroom.

Evan is in the middle of pulling his shirt off. "You don't mind if I sleep in my boxers, do you?"

I shake my head and try not to stare as he pulls of his jeans. I walk closer to the bed, staying on the opposite side that he's on. I drop my clothes on the floor and begin to unmake the bed.

I sent a text to my mom earlier, telling her that I'm staying at Lia's house, but she never texted me back. Her phone must be dead.

I still have to get a better phone since my iPhone, well... drowned when Van pushed me in the pool a couple of weeks ago. I'm now using one of my old cell phones that I kept. I think it's from when I was in ninth grade. It's just a normal flip phone, no touch screen, no speaker. It's main functions are calling and texting. Oh, and how could I forget the crack down the small screen from when I dropped it by the bonfire at our Back to School Bash my freshman year too.

I set my cell phone on the nightstand on my side and crawl in the bed and lay next to Evan, facing him.

"Abby, what would you say if I asked you to meet my parents?" Evan asks.

"Meeting the parents? That's kind of a big step, don't you think? Are you sure?" I question, full of a million more thoughts.

Evan chuckles. "That's not exactly the reaction I was hoping for."

"I'm sorry, it's just, what if they don't like me? Sometimes when I'm nervous, I say really stupid things," I tell him.

"I'm aware of that," he smiles. "So, is that a yes? They're having a party on New Years in about two weeks."

I think for a couple of seconds. If I don't say yes, then that looks sketchy, but if I do say yes, I'm causing problems for myself. Unwanted problems.