Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen

I slam my car door shut and rest my head on the steering wheel to let the tears fall. The one place that I could always go to so that I can think is my room, but Van had to go and ruin that too.

I wish I could give Van the benefit of the doubt, but let's face it, he has a really bad track record with girls. Even if they weren't doing anything thing, they would have. Not to mention that he had a girl in my bed. A girl who is obviously not me. And a girl who is a baby in high school years.

The passenger's side door opens, causing me to jump as I look who's sitting in the seat.

"Vance, get out, please," I plead.

"You lied, didn't you?" Van asks. "About losing."

"What was she doing in my bed, Vance?" I demand.

Van sighs, running his hands over his hair. "She was just talking to me, about you."

I laugh, mockingly. "Oh, that's great, you guys were talking about me before you hooked up. How great-"

"I don't even have time to hook up with girls like Maya because I'm so...stuck on you, Abbs," he admits. "Just tell me why-"

"Somebody had to lose in order for this to end, am I right?"

Van looks taken aback. "So you actually slept with him? You gave it up for some stupid bet we had going? If you're trying to hurt me then congratulations, mission accomplished," he pauses to get out of my car.

He reaches under my passenger's seat and pulls something out, slipping it into his back pocket. I completely forgot that Van told me to look under the seat before I left. Oh well, there's no use in worrying about it now.

"And for the record, Abby, I'm finished with us."

"Good! I'm glad!" I yell.

With one slam of the door, he walks back over to the party. As soon as I hear everybody scream and shout, I get the feel that it's midnight.

What a great start to the New Year.

I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I know, somebody's knocking on my car window. I sit up and rub my eyes, looking through the glass.

I throw open my door, pissed and ready to fight.

"Do you seriously have the nerve to come near me?" I snap. "You looked awfully cozy in my bed with my..." I trail off, not knowing what to call Van. "You know, that's not even any-"

"Are you done?" Maya asks.

"Excuse-"

"Just come inside and quit bitching before I change my mind," she smirks, walking inside of her house. I follow a little farther behind her to restrain myself from knocking her out.

In Maya's room she plops down on her bed, waiting for me to sit down too. "I've already been in your bed, you might as well sit on mine," she jokes.

I glare at her while I sit down on the very edge of the bed. "What's this about?"

Maya takes a deep breath. "Are you dumb?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"While I was trying to hit on Dex, I couldn't help but see Vance mope around all night," Maya starts. "I asked him what was wrong, expecting a quick response and the next thing I know he's babbling on and on about how crazy he is about you," she pauses. "Then he proceeds to tell me that he tried to tell you, but you blew him off and tonight you were with your boyfriend," she finally stops. "Now your side."