Chapter Four.

Chapter Four.

    After school on Thursday I get into work, fully prepared to ask Kim to cover for me. I covered for her last weekend so now it's her turn. Not to mention that I've pretty much already made the plans to go to Aspen.   

Before walking in, I take off my flip-flops and put on the shoes from hell. the ones that pinch my toes like a bitch. Guys really are lucky, they don't have to do  petty things, like wear shoes that make you uncomfortable, of skirts that force you to sit with your legs crossed in that uncomfortable position. It's ridiculous. I've always wondered why some girls are so bitchy... After I got a skirt, heals, and walked around for ten minutes; I felt like bitching at somebody.

    The first person I see is Becky at the counter working with customers. You know, I don't think that I've ever worked when Becky wasn't. She's a workaholic, for a bridal shop... Is that even possible?

    "Hey, Beck, where's Kim?" I ask.

    "In the back taking inventory," Becky answer, not looking at me.

    I walk to the back of the building and see Kim righting stuff down. Okay, what would be the best way to approach this situation.

    "Hey, Kimmy," I start. "What are you doing this weekend?"

    Kim sighs. "Hanging out with your brother, why?"

    "Umm...I just had a favor to ask of you," I say.

    Her forehead scrunches in confusion. "What?" she asks suspiciously.

    "Okay, this weekend is my friends birthday and he's taking us to his cabin in Aspen. So I need you to cover for me," I explain quickly.

    "Oh my gosh, is this the same friend that's been trying to creep his 'member' into you?" Kim asks bluntly. That's how Kim talks pretty much twenty-four-seven. Leave to my brother to date a girl that has a mouth like Dane Cook.

    I laugh. "What? Which one of my friends is trying to do that?"

    "That Van guy," Kim answers. "Abby, you have that dude totally whipped. It's kind of cute though...in a pathetic way."

    "Kim, no, just no," I say.

    "What?" she replies innocently. "It's true. The guy is totally playing with your heart and if you would pay attention, you'd notice."

    "I've already told you, Van and I are just friends," I state.

    "Yeah, and I've already told you that it's just a strategy for getting in your pants," she says.

    I laugh. "You just need to stop, Kim." Van had the chance to get in my pants if that's what he really wanted, but he didn't. "Besides, it's not his birthday. And I'm bringing my now official boyfriend," I smile.

    "Girl!" Kim gushes. "Why didn't you start with that? Of course I will cover for you if you're going to be with him!"

    Of course Kim likes him, they're going to the same college. It's weird how small of a world this is. I'm dating her study-buddy and she's dating my brother.

    "Really, you will?" I check, getting excited.

    "Yeah," she answers.

    "Thanks, Kim, that's actually really nice of you," I compliment.

    "Yeah, yeah, I know. It's because I'm awesome," she giggles. "So do you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

    I shrug. "Is there really anything I can do to stop you?"