Chapter 1

"Jade quit being a baby, everyone is going to be there. Nothing is going to happen." Katrina huffed to me.

"I just don't feel comfortable going to a party in the woods and staying the night. It's creepy and what if-" before I could finish what I was saying a loud roar of thunder interrupted me.

"Whelp, looks like a storm is forming. Guess the party won't be happening." I state while taking my leather jacket off.

"Oh don't even. You know we're going to Maya's cabin, which we used to always be at as kids." She argued back.

Great. I thought that would work but she's right. We've all been best friends since forever and our families would always go up to Maya's cabin for the holidays.

"Fine, let's go then." I say while rolling my eyes at her. She gives me a cocky smirk before we both head out.

Once we made it to the party the sky began to clear; Showing the glowing, bright full moon. As we both exit the car I start feeling a ghostly, cold shiver forming down my spine. I look toward Katrina, who is stuffing her bag in the back seat of her car.

She seems fine unlike me, so I brush off the weird feeling I'm experiencing. Before we head off towards the cabin, I look around me, taking in my surroundings just to be safe. That's when I saw it. A silhouette at a clearing of trees just a few feet from the cabin. I gasp, as the shadow is facing straight at me.

I quickly turn to Katrina and tell her what I saw. She comes to stand by me and look at the direction I'm pointing to. "I don't see anything, Jade." She says annoyed. "Can we just head to the party? You're overreacting."

I look in the direction where the dark figure had once been and saw nothing. Its gone. I sigh, nodding my head.

She locked our arms together and head to the party. "I'll protect you girl." She mocks, winking. I nudged my elbow at her side while laughing at her comment. Little did I know what the night had in-store for me.

"Jade, Trina! Glad you both made it." Nate shouts from across the room as we enter the door. Nate's been one of my good friends since high school and I've always sort of had a thing for him.

"Hey Nate!" We both say in unison as we walk over to him.

"Where are the drinks at? Jade needs a couple." Katrina mocks.

I give Nate an annoyed look as he hands Katrina two cups of alcoholic drinks, filled to the brim who then hands me a cup. "What's wrong Jade? Why do you look so tense? You're always in a party mood," He states while taking a sip of his cup.

"I don't know, I'm just not feeling up to partying in the middle of the woods. It just doesn't feel right." I say as I bring the cup to my lips and take a sip. By now Katrina walks off towards a couple of girls we've grown to know from every party we attend, exchanging hugs and laughter.

Nate gives me a comforting look while putting an arm around my shoulder. "It's alright Jade. Everything is good. I wouldn't let anything happen to you or Katrina. You can stay by me if you're not comfortable."

I look up at him, giving him a small smile. "Thanks Nate. That's really sweet of you but I don't want to ruin your night because of my paranoia. I think I'll be okay after a couple of drinks."