Chapter 3

Xavier

Just the thought of having a mate makes me sick to my stomach. But being mated to a human? I can't believe this is happening to me. I want nothing to do with her.

I can smell her scent from miles away, close by my territory. I can hear her surroundings by just focusing on her in the distance; Loud music and idiotic drunks around her.

"I know what I need to do." I mutter to myself, heading out the door. "I need to scare her away from here, away from me."

The sight of a crowd of people, all packed together has me on edge. I have the urge to shift into my wolf  and tear through everyone, one by one. But unfortunately, my fun was cut short by a strong, lingering scent.

"Her." I disgustingly say, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I turn my head in the direction she's standing by. I can already see her worried expression plastered on her face from afar, making me grin.

"Oh this is going to be fun." I murmur to myself, grinning. As those words leave my lips, I see her staring blankly in my direction, terrified. Before she can alert her friend, I decide to play a little mind game with her and move off to the side, away from her sight.

I'm now standing close by the cabin with a huge window in my peripheral vision. I turn my head to look inside when I'm hit with utter anger. "That damn traitor. I knew I smelled his putrid scent around." I grunted. He better not get in my way; I'll deal with Nate later, I say to my self.

As time flys by, I grow impatient, waiting for the right opportunity to introduce myself to my so called mate. It'll be an introduction she'll never forget, I laugh to myself.

Finally, I see her all alone after hours of stalking around impatiently. She hasn't spotted me staring at her yet, which annoys me. She's too busy distracted by the sight of the blood red moon.

What she doesn't know, is that it's a sign from me. Ah finally, I say to myself. She's looking at me. One of the perks of being a werewolf is that I can see her perfectly from afar, whereas she can only see me as a shadowy figure.

"Jade! Help me out here please." I heard some girl shout in the distance forcing my mate to turn her attention away.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" I yell out. I almost had her.

I decided that I'm just going to change into my wolf form. I'm done playing the waiting game. It's time to go full force on these damn humans.

I quickly walked over to a nearby bush where all the commotion is taking place, in my large wolf form.

"Crazy b*tch? I'll show you how crazy of a b*tch I can be!" Of course my mate would have annoying drama in her life, I thought to myself, irritated.

Before I lost every ounce of patience I had left, she started walking back to the deck alone. What she doesn't know is I closed and locked the entrance to the deck with the key that was thoughtlessly left in the keyhole. Idiots.

This should be fun.

I can already sense the uneasiness off of her. I already knew that she felt like she was being followed. I started to focus on her heart beat and noticed it was slowly increasing with every step she took.

I then let out a low, menacing growl in the darkness. I saw her frantically looking around to find the source of my growl but stupidly, looked in the wrong direction. Poor girl.

I growled again, right behind her. This time she looked in my direction and her eyes were now locked on mine. Bingo. Her face was turing pale and her heart sounded like it was about to rip out of her chest.

"Oh f*ck!" She screamed and the fun finally began once she ran off. I let her have a head start before I ran after her. I knew she'd have no where to go and no chance against me.

By now I was right behind her. I could have easily had her right now but seeing her try to escape me was way more fun for me. I noticed she was headed right for a barrier type of thing straight ahead of us.

Oh no you don't, I said internally. I had to stop her from going in there. I already knew I wouldn't be able to get in by the size of it and I couldn't let her get away from me. No one has ever escaped me and she sure as hell wasn't going to be the first one to.

But before I had the chance to bite the back of her shirt, she dove herself ahead for her safe house. I quickly rushed to her but she was already almost crawled all the way through. I did what I thought would have ceased her from entering the barrier and scratched at her leg.

"Ahhh!" She screamed while kicking at me. I dodged all her kicks but was too late. She was already inside. F*ck! I was beyond angry. I almost had her.

Staring at her through the unfortunately small opening, I noticed that she was a pretty good looking girl. She had brown, medium length hair and brown eyes, soft arched eyebrows, and a small mouth with medium size lips.

I let out a loud growl, getting both of ourselves out of our thoughts. I don't know why I was even looking at her features when I should have been tearing at her.

A howl in the distance then takes my attention away. I knew he had smelled my scent lingering around here. I ran off towards his call to see what this piece of sh*t wanted. I hated being interrupted, especially by my enemies.

Having wasted my time, I headed back to where my little prisoner was hiding. But of course she was already gone. Ugh. This has been such a wasted trip, I thought to myself.

I decided to change back into my human form and head out into town, which isn't too far from here. Walking naked towards my clothes while feeling the nice cool breeze all over my body, I grabbed my pants and slid them on. Before I put my shirt on I brought it up to my face and took a whiff at it.

"Yup. She was here and saw my clothes." I said while putting it on. 

I then stepped away from where I had dressed myself and saw her in the distance walking up the entrance to the cabin. She stopped in front of the door before turning the knob and looked back in my direction.

I didn't think she would have noticed me being that I was pretty far away. But she saw me, or my silhouette at least. I walked closer so that I was under the light of the bright moon. I saw a faint look appear on her face once she saw my glowing red eyes.

☾☾☾