Luke's POV 2

*one month later*

I've been talking to Mads for a while now, we both really like each other but I said that we should stay friends because distance kills relationships. I really like her, I smile whenever she texts. *phone buzzes* Speak of the devil I think in my mind as I reach for my phone.

*start of chat*

'Heyy, what's up? :)'

-Madeline

I smile as I read the text, my fingers flying over the keyboard in reply.

'Sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Mom is in for chemo. :/'

-Luke

'What?? I hope she is okay!'

-Madeline

'Oh, I haven't told you... Have I? You see my mom has cancer.'

-Luke

'Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I wish her the best of wishes.'

-Madeline

'Thanks Mads, so what are you up to?'

-Luke

'Just doing homework, I swear this teacher is gonna kill me with essays.'

-Madeline

'Have fun with that babygirl, I gotta go ttyl?'

-Luke

'Okay, ttyl for sure.'

-Madeline

*end of chat*

I smile a little as I lock my phone. Mads sure is somethin, I grin to myself as I walk to my mom's room. Yea, she has cancer. Honestly it sucks, but my mom is the strongest and bravest person I know. If anyone can beat cancer, it's her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you like the story!! Luke's character is still in development so please don't judge! Like, love, comment! Thanks loves!

-Maya