The Interview

Chapter 1 

"So what are your hobbies, interests, etc,"

The interviewer, a middle aged man scanned through Kushi's resume, while his assistant made a note of all the answers. He was the Hr head and the final decision maker when it came to recruiting the best out of the lot for Chemour Inc.

"I love reading books, I'm an avid reader,"

"A reader, eh? So who's your favourite author?"

Kushi looked at the glass of water and pondered for a name while the Hr head waited. It was not like she had lied about her interests. Kushi was an avid reader and would spend half of her savings at the bookstore, but when it came to questions like these she would invariably go blank. Feeling lost she gave a vague reply and managed to tackle the question.

"Fine then, it was a pleasure meeting you. You can wait outside,"

Exhausted with all the interview rounds she had cleared, Kushi collapsed on the couch and glanced at the wall clock. It had taken nearly the whole day, the last thing Kushi wanted to hear was they announcing the results over the phone. Praying that they announce it sooner, she held her stomach as it roared and distracted the other candidates waiting with her. "How did it go?" another candidate, a young man in his mid twenty's, sitting adjacent to her asked.

"Okay...he seems like a hard one to impress, trust me but people his age are better off retired,"

"Really...Is he that bad?"

"I've seen worse...this isn't the first time I'm attending an interview. I've worked in two firms prior to this and the Hrs there were douche bags,"

"Is that the reason you left?" he seemed intrigued while she was all the more pleased to explain.

Kushi was talkative and unpredictable. She loved being around people especially those who could handle her mood swings. Born to a typical Indian family with not so typical Indian values, Kushi Ranaut was a free spirited girl who never shied from a challenge.

As the minutes passed, she felt the urge to use the restroom until the Hr and his assistant stepped out.

"Thank you everyone, you will be informed if selected,"

The candidates sighed in unison and realized they had all been rejected unlike Kushi, to whom rejection was no big deal. Right now her main concern was to use the restroom more than anything.

"Kushi Ranaut ! Please stay,"

Kushi stopped on her way and turned round in plain confusion only to be informed that she had been selected. Feeling elated, she deliberated whether to shake hands or rush to take a leak while they stood there to congratulate her.

Crossing her legs in discomfort, she hurriedly thanked them and darted straight for the restroom

"Excuse me!"

She ran into one of the employees in the narrow passage and begged him to move when he wasn't sure which side to choose. When she went left, he would go left and when he went right she would go right. "If this dress gets ruined right now, I'm making you buy one for me!" she threatened fearing her bladder would explode any minute. Taken aback by her bluntness, he quickly moved aside and watched as she sprinted for the door.

When she was done, she finally rung her friend Komal and shared the good news. "Congratulations! So, are there any hot singletons working out there?" she asked eagerly and enquired if they had any more vacancies.

"Not any that I would approve of," Kushi rolled her eyes and suddenly noticed the same guy she had spoken to earlier, sharing a smoke with the other existing employees she had seen during the day.