Sticky Notes

Chapter 3

"Where's everybody?"

Kushi asked when she found herself walking into an empty floor. The office boy informed her that Rohan had taken everyone out for a treat to a nearby restaurant. Dumping her bag on the work desk, she glanced at Mr. Seth who could see her though his glass cabin.

"I have to get them on my side," she gritted her teeth and fixed her gaze at the clock until the whole team returned.

Convincing and grabbing their attention was not as easy task. Kushi was finding it difficult to project herself as their team leader since Rohan was popular and had already struck a cord with each employee.

"Next saturday we'll head to the bar down the road,"

Kushi heard Rohan making plans for the weekend and rolled her eyes in exasperation.

"You missed it, did you walk in late?" Rohan noticed her frowning in her seat.

"No, I was on time. If i'm not mistaken, this is the 5th time you're treating them, right?" She wrinkled her nose. "I wonder what Mr. Seth has to say about this. All play and no work."

"I don't care what he's got to say about any of it. You're the one who should be concerned, 3 months is quite impressive...to procrastinate," he mocked her challenge and left her fuming in anger.

Kushi knew she was way behind and had to pull up her socks, but first she had to get the team on her side who were swooned by Rohan's chilled out attitude towards work. When she sent a reminder mail for the reports she had ordered, everyone replied with vague answers. This wasn't the first time they were ignoring her.

"What is it with you guys? You report to me along with Rohan, then why the difference in attitude?" she complained to Annika during lunch break.

"Hey, don't accuse me! I'm on your side, it's just that Rohan isn't as pressurizing and dominating as you are."

"You mean everyone finds me dominating, while I'm just trying to bring some kind of discipline and maturity around here?" Kushi flared her nostrils. "Is that what Rohan said..." she added and looked suspiciously while Rohan smoked with his mates. 

"No, Divya said. You know...Queen bee," Annika pointed toward the over sized lady who was a single mom and a gossip queen.

The  team consisted of 9 members with a ratio of 3 females to 6 males; out of which half of them were over the age of 35. The only three females were Annika, Divya who influenced the males and Classica who was too occupied with her looks. Kushi figured out that if she had to win over the whole team, she would have to gain Divya's trust first.

Hence the following days she tried warming up to her and even got a present for her son on his birthday. It wasn't long before the tables turned and everyone seemed to find a better leader in Kushi. Rohan noticed the changes and decided to ruffle up the mood. He left a sticky note on her pinup board and watched her from a distance as she read it.

Seems they've finally found a liking towards you.

You're only making it harder for them to forget you when you leave Chemour.

It wasn't rocket science to figure out who had written it. Kushi looked in his direction and met his gaze before clinching the note in her fist. When the day ended, Rohan was surprised to find a sticky note on his desk.

Nice handwriting, are you good at preparing tea?

Coz this future manger would need an assistant pretty soon.