Engaged

Chapter 5

Days passed into weeks, and weeks into months while Kushi and Rohan's love grew stronger. It was eight months since they got into a relationship. Kushi swore Rohan was the best thing that happened to her after years of rejection. They were like peas in a pod, neither could stay without the other. The days she wouldn't turn up to work, Rohan would feel restless and drive all the way to her house, and the days he wouldn't, Kushi would spend it sulking in boredom. Their attraction towards each other was no secrete to the staff working at Chemour Inc.

"You both look cute together, wish i had a billionaire boyfriend too," Annika sighed. 

"So it's the money that attracts you, huh?" Kushi raised her brows as they stood in the restroom.

"Of course, just look at all the gifts he showers you with! it will take a lifetime for me to just buy that watch on your wrist," Annika cribbed. 

"He's a spend trift, it's not like he asks me before gifting anything. Though i do tell him i don't need it, but he's the boss..." Kushi giggled.

"I thought he was the son..."

"Sssshhhh...not in here, somebody will hear!" Kushi cautioned her. "Remember nobody but you, me and Classica know his true identity. There maybe a  valid reason he's kept it hidden for so long, though i wonder when it will be out."

"I can't wait to see everybody's reactions when they find out who he is and that you are dating him. Divya has some nasty things to say bout him though, especially seeing the gifts you receive," Annika smirked.

"She's plain jealous. what does she know who he is," Kushi frowned.

"Apparently she should have guessed it, after all she's been working since 10 years here. She must be knowing Mr. Kapoor has a son," Annika tilted her head in amusement when all of a sudden Kushi's phone buzzed.

It was a distress message from Rohan that sent her rushing out of the office. By the time she met him, she figured out it was just a trick to get her attention as always. "One day you'll be in real trouble and regret it when i won't respond," She huffed.

"I don't know about that, but you'll sure regret not accompanying me to Mauritius," he quoted and surprised her.

"So you're flying to Mauritius to get that deal?" Kushi's face lit up.

"We are flying to Mauritius," he showed two tickets and amused her. Kushi embraced him in excitement and clung to his arms. It had been months since they last went out of the city and away from the crowd. Though the unrest episode was still vivid in their minds, they longed to go out together on the pretext of work so they could spend time with each other. Rohan had chanced upon the perfect excuse and had left no reasons to take her along, since it was a business trip and he need her expertise. 

"This is beautiful..." Kushi exclaimed as she stared at the waves from the sun deck over looking the beach.

"No, you are beautiful," He held her hands and pulled her closer for a dance.

As the sun gradually set, the hues of twilight touched everything in its surroundings, giving the whole place a melancholy feel. They slow danced to their favorite romantic song with eyes fixed over each other. When the music stopped, it was only the sound of waves that resonated around them. Kushi pulled him towards the waves before they went knee deep in the sea. 

"This is so perfect, just you and me. I wish it remains this way despite the feelings that I may lose you someday," she whispered and appeared sad.

"It will, you do not have to fear anything. I promise, we will always be together..." he cupped her face in his palms and assured her. "I love you and nobody can change that," he added and kissed her.