She Said Yes

Chapter 6

"Ms. Ranaut, you've got 4 candidates to interview today," 

Kushi's p.a. interrupted her in the middle of signing important documents and placed the bunch of profiles on her desk. She signaled her to look at the 4 candidates waiting outside her glass cabin, in anxiety. Kushi grimaced seeing the applicants' profiles and rolled her eyes. "They look like kids to me, whom did you filter out?" she remarked and continued signing the documents while her manager slipped in few more.

"You are mistaken, these are interns. They are here for their internship with Frichardos," 

"R is silent, how long will it take to pronounce the company's name right? Papiya..." 

"Sorry, I'm working on it! So should i send them in?" Papiya asked sheepishly.

"For what?" Kushi raised her brow in exasperation. 

Papiya reminded her about the candidates and begged her not to be harsh on them. Kushi sighed and pulled out a pack of cigarettes from her drawer and carefully lit one. "I have a meeting to attend," she said and stood up to leave.

"But the interviews?"

"Tell them to report next morning, they're all hired," 

With that said, she strut across the corridor and took a drag before walking inside the board room. Her mere presence was enough to inflict fear among the managers and sales officers who had gathered for the meeting. Kushi Ranaut had come a long way before becoming the head of  sales and marketing division at the perfume manufacturing company. After leaving Chemour for good, she landed a job in Frichardo and outperformed her own boss before replacing him in the company. From there on she pushed herself harder to perform better and brought the once unknown perfume brand to the number one position in the market. She was a savage at her workplace. While others labelled her a brash task master who had no emotions, Kushi was deep down still the same old cheerful girl who had just shut herself out from the world. Kushi had achieved more than her counterparts at the age of twenty nine. While the rest were married and raising kids, she was raising a 10,000 Crore company.

"So lets begin..." 

Seated at the head of the table, she addressed everyone and smoked while the meeting commenced. Though there were sign boards indicating not to smoke, nobody dared stopped her fearing they would lose out on their job since she was the owner's right hand. 

"Not impressed! What are you? A Third grader..." She frowned and expressed her disappointment. "You all had one job, I bet those interns can do a better research than you all."

Unsatisfied with their work, she called in her P.A and enquired about her schedule. That's when Papiya reminded her about accompanying her cousin, Mehek to shop for the wedding.  "Crap, do I have to go shopping right now?" She cribbed and pulled her hair.

"I can cancel it, unless you don't want the bridezilla unleashing her wrath all the way in here," Papiya cautioned her about what befell the last time she refused Mehek.

"Cancel all my appointments and get the car out," Kushi reluctantly instructed her and closed her laptop before walking out. 

Pulling over at the high end fashion street, she met her cousin sister who was gushing over all the designer stores.  Glowing with the prospect of tying the knot soon, she embraced Kushi and mentally prepared her to visit every designer apparel store they would come across.  

"I'm so glad you came! My wedding shopping doesn't cease to end," Mehek exclaimed and pulled Kushi's cheek while she sulked with the thought of how boring her day was going to get.