Chapter 12 part 1 Breakfast

I awoke the next morning, still curled up in the fetal position, and my eyes burned slightly from spilling as many tears as I had the night before. I rose from my tomb, my armpits and chest covered in a thin, hot layer of sweat, and I scrunched up my nose in disgust. I hated nights that I spent crying, I always smelled so gross the next day. Most mornings after a depressing night I spent laying in bed in the darkness, trying to give myself a good enough reason to get up. This morning was no different, I stared into the darkness after sitting up and crossing my legs underneath me, and I wondered if there was ever going to be peace in my life.

I finally convinced myself that the events of the previous day needed to be handled, and I got out of the bed, walking over to open my window. I almost screamed finding Michael's wolf passed out in front of my window; he looked almost peaceful with his eyes closed, though his large size did not deceive me. After sighing and pulling my curtains back closed, I showered and got dressed in my bathroom. I didn't want to risk Michael waking up and sneaking a peak of my naked body, so I kept the door closed and withstood the hot, sticky steam that filled the room After getting dressed I quickly went to the kitchen and made breakfast: pancakes for myself and Michael. Mom and dad texted me that morning saying they had to stay in California for an Alpha meeting for two weeks, and a pang of disappointment wracked my chest.

I walked outside to where the black wolf slept and I shook Michael, though he continued to sleep quietly; I sighed and called out "Michael wake up."

He finally woke up after I "accidentally" kicked him in the ribs. He almost shifted to human form and I had to remind him that I, in no universe, would ever want to see him naked. Again. Which was mostly true, though I had to admit to myself, he was pretty hot and I'd had a hard time averting my eyes from his package the last few times I saw him naked. I led him inside the house and retrieved one of Logan's pairs of basketball shorts and let him change in the guest bedroom while I waited outside the door. After he had changed I struggled not to look at his toned abs as I sat him down at the kitchen island and made him a plate of pancakes silently.

"Thanks" he murmured lowly, power ringing through his voice, causing me to roll my eyes and wonder why he always had to sound so... Alpha-y.

"Why were you outside?" I asked eventually, after getting myself a plate and food.

He sighed before replying, "because I didn't feel comfortable with you being alone" he murmured.

"But I'm always alone." I said pointedly as I fished a second pancaked onto my plate.

It was true, mom and dad were always off doing beta stuff, and Logan was never around. Ever. He went off to collage hoping to meet his mate so I didn't get to see him often. Which sucked a lot because he's my brother and I love him. Michael made a grunting noise of disapproval as he cut up his pancakes which made me look over at him from my place at the stove. His black hair fell into his face, hiding his beautiful eyes and I ached to fix it.

"You should never be alone" he said slowly and began to eat his food by the forkful after pouring syrup onto his plate.

Weird, was this him volunteering to stay with me everywhere I went? Because as...nice as that was, I couldn't help but wonder what his ulterior motives were. He hadn't been nice to me since we were kids playing out in the hallway while our parents had meetings.

"Why not?" I asked, curious, and I scrapped butter out of the tub on the island and began to smear it onto my pancakes.

He groaned, clearly annoyed, "why are you so curious and nosy, jeeze" he grumbled lowly before shoveling in another bite of food.

Ouch. I looked away from him and ate my food quietly.

"What did you do with that rogue? I noticed the body was gone when I went to wake you up" I asked tentatively.

"I took care of it" he replied in a huff, pushing his empty plate towards me.

"Okay, but where did you put the body Michael" I pressed, trying to look into his eyes.

"I said I took care of it Kathrine. Just be grateful" he snapped, his eyes shooting bullets into mine.

My heart fell a little as I nodded and looked down at the empty plate before me. I grabbed it and my own walking over to the sink to rinse the syrup and crumbs away. I silently wished my worries and problems would wash away as easily as the grime on the plates did once I applied a little soap and scrubbed them with a sponge. Michael sat silently watching me clean the dishes from his chair at the island, and I wondered what he was really doing in my home. After I finished scrubbing the plates and silverware clean I sat them on a towel laid next to the sink to dry and I turned to meet Michael's gaze.

"I am grateful, you know. I didn't know I was being watched and if you hadn't been visiting me at night they could have killed me" I whisper to him, not wanted to make him angry again.

He simply nods at me, not taking his eyes off of my small figure and I begin to blush a little. I didn't know how to feel about all this attention from him. Most guys barely looked at me in the halls or in class, let alone ate breakfast with me. I wondered about Michael's reputation, and worried he would be laughed at by everyone at school. He was seeing me for a reason, I just hadn't quite figured it out in my mind.