Chapter 25 part 1 Lead me

Comment where is your favorite place to read?
************************************
Sergio gave me a stern look as he grabbed my hand and led me outside through a backdoor in the hallway attached to the kitchen. I smiled as a warm breeze and sunlight hit me with the best smell in the world. I smile as I feel the warmth on my face and the soft breeze kept me cool; a cloud must have moved away from the sun for a brief moment as I exited the large house. Behind the house stood a thick wooded area with some bushes and leaves scattering the ground. I start walking faster, towards a near-by tree at the line between the grassy yard and the forest, and turn to Sergio quickly.

"Sergio my wolf wants to run around. Can I shift?" I asked shyly.

It was not exactly a lie, Anna did want to stretch her legs, though she still hadn't said anything to me at all. I wondered if he had injected me with wolfsbane when I arrived to the house. If Sergio knew an herbalist she could have made him some sort of mixture to silence my wolf, this would have been helpful when planning to kidnap someone. I wondered how long it would be until I could talk to her again, or would my captors continue to drug me while I was in their 'care.' I felt how my skin itches and prickles the way it does when Anna wants to shift, so I knew it was about time to stretch out, even if I couldn't talk to her at the moment.

He nodded, "Sure, but if you try to run, I will hunt you down. I may not be an alpha. But I still lead these rouges. All it takes is one howl, and you're going to be tackled and brought back here to me. By my side, that's where you belong." He smiled crookedly and turned so I could shift in privacy.

I gulped and quickly rushed to shift behind the tree I had leaned against. Shifting after your first time is still pretty painful, not as painful as the first time, but painful nonetheless. After a few short years, shifting just becomes second nature and doesn't hurt at all. I quickly pull off my clothes, using the tree to hide my naked body as I crouch down onto the cool ground. After a couple minutes, I finish shifting and come back around the tree, shaking my white fur loose.
Another reason I wanted to shift into my wolf was because my powers are more prominent when I'm a wolf. My mother had always said to never use my powers unless I had to; well, I think being kidnapped is considered having to. So, after shifting, I rolled in some mud. I trotted over to Sergio and he smiled, petting my soft head. I gave him a fake, wolfish grin and mess around in the grass, just sniffing flowers and chasing butterflies.

Suddenly a blond wolf tackled me to the ground, nipping playfully at me. I nipped back and roll us over so I am on top and grin wolfishly, signalling my victory. I'm thrown off and I internally groan as I land on the ground with a huff; he wasn't making it easy for me to look around at my surroundings. I was trying to figure out where I was being held, but being tackled and rolled around isn't exactly what I would call ideal conditions for terrain awareness. I tried to seem playful as I slowly crept away from Sergio further into the woods. Maybe if he thinks I'm playing along, he'll let me check this place out before he makes me go back inside that prison.

I got a good view of the house, a large white building with a few small windows here and there. Black shutters and shingles lined the building, and strangely, a small garden littered with pottery sat pleasantly on the side of the building. Strange. I wouldn't expect a kidnapper's place to be so, beautiful I thought to myself. I turned to look at Sergio quickly so he wouldn't realize what I was doing. Now armed with the knowledge that I had no idea where I was, I trotted back over to my captor. Sergio gave me a wolfish grin again and licked my jaw: a sign of affection. What do I do? I mean, is he expecting me to do it in return? I don't exactly like him right now, but if I don't, he won't believe my act and I cant escape I panic within my mind. I licked his jaw in return and looked away, as if looking at the flowers. He howled loudly and tagged me with his paw before racing off playfully. I grinned internally as I realized he wanted to play a good old game of tag. Well, this was only something I could gain from, getting to learn more terrain, maybe even finding an escape route. Hope rose in my chest as I smelled the cool air around me and I silently formed a plan in my mind to escape.

Thank you silly little wolf, for you have given me a way out.