Riddance

Clop Clop Clop Clop 

Her footsteps echoed against the ground.

"I live for my own!"
"You shouldnt"

She had the shadow figure slumped over her shoulder. The vacancy of the street welcomed her as the fog spoke mercy.

"They abandoned me!"
"They didn't."

The fog swallowed her. In the clueless white her grey lined eyes were unmoving and steel gazed. There was resolute in them.

"I was left alone here"
"You weren't"

Her mind incurred no thoughts. There was only the destination among the fog and an anonymous cold. She needed the cold.

"Yes I was! I speak the truth"
"Lies." Her short comment.

The footsteps chattered on  and the fog began to clear. The monotonous city scape reappeared beyond the fog, the familiar desolation.

"This is my home."
"It is not..."

The long stretch of grey houses at the sleeping midnoon had no doors open, only some of their windows hung open from soul less rooms. The only human being in the vicinity tapped her shoes, shouldering a shadow.

"...your...your invading..."
"I am not..."

In any other day her work would have been to drag out the sleeping children and deliver rewards. Instead, she had a task of judgement.

Clop Clop Clop Clop

The rough hard ground of the street was exchanged for something softer. Snow. Just a few more steps and the snow was everywhere.

She stopped. The fog thick and secretive, only the grey outline of her olive green coat and hood outlined with an ominous weight of clumped black hanging from her shoulder-a shadow.

She leaned down and dropped the shadow on the cold white ground. The shadow figure who had so much resistance within its every word now rested unmoving, unsensing. She, restored him.

The street lamps flickered and lit up against the running fog like eyes of ghost watching. She stood in between, speaking next.

"You shouldnt have sinned"
"I did not..." The shadows airless voice gasped.
"The little child you hurt...he is now tormented." Her voice plain and unyearning.

The shadow figures eyes stared onto the snow and drank from the white of it.
"I did not..." It floundered to speak.

She stared at the pitiful body for a few more second and then stood straight, turning ominously and retracing her steps back. The snow underneath her eating away the footsteps.

Her petite body began to fade away, making the shadow figure lonlier until the longer shadows crept closer to him. Long strength less arms entangled themselves around his body-around his head, his neck, his waist, his long black legs; swiftly cracking them into pieces in several places. And from his disintegrated self, he still watched the olive green coat walking away.