Greetings

"You have strayed Tommy." The tepid voice said in a commanding tone. Tommy immediately coiled its long limpy body and dug itself close to the edges of the building where the shadows were darker. He could not do more. The hooded girl snapped a hand and his abdomen was in that clutch.

"You have displeased me. You shouldn't have escaped after all I did for you."

Her steel grey eyes were outlined with the shadow of her hood yet he can see them. "You have wandered here for too long." Her voice sounded effort less, like whisps of air and always emotionless.

"We must find Sammy. He lost an arm." She retorted with the same plain use of tone.

* * * * * * * * *

He moved and attacked the huge creature first on the neck-his fingers digging into its long hidious throat as it whimpered for breath. The girl screamed.
"Let Go!" She yelled-her voice submerged in the chaos of the sky.

He was only amazed at how huge his prey was. It's lied down with its long body trailing the length of an entire alley way, people will think it's only the shadow casted by the building. Even though, it's upper body was vertically standing against the walls. The ferocity in him was reincarnating. His eyes dilating with the creature's.

He felt a smack on his right side of the head. For one moment, his vision was lost. The next moment he was on the wet puddled ground, drenching in it.
* * * * * * *
Tommy's large remoearseful eyes filled with horror to the mention of the other name. The bulging eyes bulged even more. This made his mother pause a moment.

"Why did you leave your brother alone?"

He struggled against her clutch, twisting and turning to set himself free. The mother watched with no trace of his struggle being felt. She had other questions.

"We will find Sammy." She turned on her heels, dragging the mass of dark shadow behind her-with no effort at all.

"Is Sammy another shadow creature?" The human male inquired after spectating the entire monologue. The girl didn't heed to him at all, as if he didn't exist. Unlike him who would have been shy of being discovered, she didn't care as she simply started talking in his presence to the shadow creature which otherwise would have been nothing to normal human. But she answered him.
"Yes"
* * * * * *
Muddy water filled his mouth. He spat out, barely making sense of the long stream of many sounds-the girl's yelling, the creature's terror infused sobbing, the macabre thunder, the hiss of the rain, the trickling of the water pipes. Nothing was making sense. Until he saw the grey cloudy sky above him, a web of lightning electrifying it.

Then he looked ahead. The creature he tried to suffocate was gasping in a high pitched noise of agony. Repulsive! He hated these creatures for a reason after all. The girl was voicing her encouragement.
"Leave now! You must! Or he'll get to you again!" A wooden board on her hand.

Still dizzy, he let his anger raise him up. Once the adrenaline was chanelling again, there will be only  crushings of heads.

* * * * * * * *

Tommy was still clutched by the girl. The other human seemed very amused.

"Are you taking this creature home?" His eyes filling with wonders.

The girl didn't reply. Tommy was being dragged away.

"Why didn't I think of that?" The human voice continued to babble. "You can actually raise a shadow creature!"

Tommy and his mother was a good distance away from the lunatic man. Then he stumbled out of his sitting position and called out to them.

"I have questions and you will answer them!"

His mother didn't relent on a step. The man persisted.

"Can you enslave these creatures?"

No response.

"Are you there master?"

The footsteps stopped. "I am their mother"

* * * * * * * *
The girl squeled landing on her side. The other creature was horrified. It started to melt-that is become a part of the other shadows to escape detection. But it's weakness has caused it to be very slow. By the time only its legs were diluted into the darkness, it's deformed head hung in jeopardy. And it was soon grabbed on. The creatures long twisted arm came to stop the man from further annihilation. It broke into two as a sacrifice.

The creature howled. It's pain reverberating the already shaken air. The man didn't hear anything else. Black smoke engulfed him like a gas from a tearshell. And on his clutch the broken arm was disintegrating into bits of ash. His ears went numb from the might of that howl. He thought he was torturing these creatures all along. He was wrong. This was true torture.

* * * * * * *
"Answer me shadow creature! Can I create other shadow creatures?"

Tommy's mother doesn't show much but he sensed she may be angry. At him. And on Sammy. If she doesn't find his brother, she may show her worst soon. They betrayed her once. No. He alone betrayed her. Sammy was made to follow him. He feels no ounce of remorse from his brother's demise. He rather grieve for himself.

Sammy lost an arm that day. He'll lose his entire self soon.

The wind whistled and for once the refreshing cold seemed tensed.

"Answer me creature!"
He started pacing after them. Then he leaned his face  close to his. "Just answer me." He said softly.

All these time his mother still kept walking and the man trotted along. Tommy's head was in a wreck. There was too much fear, too much stress. He can't think. All he does is tremble and scream.

"Yes"

The man's lucid face was gone. Tommy's aimless gaze found the grey sky tumbling down its clouds in what was madness.

* * * * * * *

The smoke gushed for a while. Then he realized he was holding on to nothing. The broken arm crumbled away long ago. Neither was the creature around. A lucky escape. Until his eyes sensed the unusual motion of a limping shadow on the building wall.

He put a foot forward. It buckled in pain next. The girl he thought he subdued was now gnawing on it, forcing him to look down. She pulled on his foot and he splashed down on the puddle again. The shadow he longed for was gone. His dissapointment lasted a second. The next second, there was rage.

He stood up, picked her by the waist and threw her down in massive force. She whinced. Whinced only, the blow of that throw wouldn't let her do anything else. Her arms and legs became numb from the pain, her ears ringing and gagged with water. The fuming man advanced to her and gifted her a kick on her stomach. The breaths left her. The pain remained.

The man took her onto his arm. When her blurry vision regained focus, it was another man. The man who attacked her was going head to head with another man in blue outfit- a police man. The man who held her left her on the ground to help his comrade pin down the beast that attacked her and that amazing creature.