twelve

h a r r y

A faint colour rises to her cheeks and I'm confident it is caused by the alluring gaze in my eyes as I press her to the cold brick wall, passion ignited her hands as they slowly slid up to my neck, those cold fingertips playing with the loose hair on my neck softly. A dream comes to life as I press my lips to hers, tasting the mint from her toothpaste and the chapstick on her lips, she moans against my chest and vibrates my core with her need for more. I run a hands down to her backside, squeezing slightly with the pressure in my fingertips to feel more of her against me.

"Harry," she gently moans with a smile. "I need to get to class."

"Skip it." I respond.

She pulls away from our eager kiss and I'm left aching for more of her touch again, her blue eyes search mine for something and she lets a wonderful smile form to her plump lips as I pout my own at her. My body was alive with her touch, the feeling of her soft lips was like a drug and I needed more of her against me with aching moans and passionate kisses. She wiggles her eyebrows with a curious smirk to her mouth, I lick my lips and give her my best alluring look as I close the gap between us.

"Cmon, Harry," she finally sighs, her breath fanning my face. "We might get caught." I pull away with annoyance, frowning as my eyes pin their agony to the floor instead of the blue eyed girl. "I'll see you after school, meet me by the willow tree okay?"

I just held onto her hand, finally looking up into those bright eyes that held an entire world of colours. I sigh as she gathers her bag, kissing my cheek quickly before she rushed to her first class down the hall. I observed her leave me standing there as she walked away, glancing back for a brief second to smile at me with mischief and passion in her eyes. I notice her skip down the hall, gazing at the sweater that hugged the small of her frame and the short skirt she wore that showed off her long, pale legs. I puff out a breath before turning the opposite direction and heading to my first class today.

"Ah nice of you to join us mister styles," my teacher Mr. Fisher grumbles as I take a seat. "Page forty, please." I intend on ignoring his attitude the whole lesson and gather the book from my bag, turning to page forty and reading the words on the paper that catch my attention intently.

"We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it."

- the milk train doesn't stop here anymore by Tennessee Williams.

The pages go on to explain the life of the author, going into details of his depression and struggles with addiction and the lesson somehow filled my mind with wonder of the artists in the world. It seemed the saddest and most troubled authors and painters in this universe were the ones to create the most beautiful art, they were the shining stars under a black sky that always found beauty in their grey world, hope for a newfound happiness. Lola was much like these artists, somehow finding beauty in a sad world and shining like a dripping sunrise to all those around her with a mysterious smirk and bright blue eyes.

***

I sat on a extended branch, the cold air brushing against my face as the sun slowly faded over our town in front of me. Bliss carried me with the clouds and I'm left without any worries or negative thoughts on this calm afternoon, awaiting the blue eyed girl with eagerness. The journal below me displayed clouds gathering in a blue sky, stars starting to shine their faces in the distance as day turned to night in a illusion on the page. I looked out on the world again, the sky held the same beauty in it that I tried to create on the page and I could almost see those same outlines of my drawing against the real world, presenting a artfully wonderful horizon in front of me.

"Harry?" Her voice travels with the air, taking my attention from the blue skies to her blue eyes instead. I smile down at her, the dark strands of hair dance in the breeze as she smiles back with a wonderful look in her eyes. I tuck my journal away, hiding its contents under my leg. "Hi."

"Hi, Lola." I reply softly. "Need a hand getting up again?" I leer.

She rolls her eyes before walking over to the large tree, placing her bag down with mine before extending a cold hand to me. I grip her icy fingertips before assisting her up onto the tree branch, she sits down next to me with a huff of cold air escaping her chapped lips, smiling at me as she does. Moments pass of us observing each other, I get lost in her ocean eyes and drown myself in the sparkle of her soul, admiring the smirk on those ruby lips and the crooked tooth I found so charming. I take a deep breath, noticing how close I was to her that I could count the freckles on her nose and cheeks. She continued to smile at me, making my heart weak for her.

"You want a cigarette?" She finally breaks the silence, almost muttering against my skin. "I only have one but we can share." She pulls a lighter and cigarette from her pocket, a eager look in her charming blue eyes as she does so. I chuckle at her delight in the forbidden act, so keen to break the rules when the air around is was so lonely, not a soul in sight.

"Sure," I respond. "I didn't even know you smoked."

"I don't." She shrugs before placing the stick between her lips, looking a little perplexed as she does with amusement in her eyes. "I want to try new things, especially with you." She states.

I smile to the greenery below us. "Me too."

Lola lights the cigarette and takes a long drag of the smoke, letting the nicotine seep into her lungs. She puffs out perfectly as the smoggy air dances with the wind around us, but soon she lets out an awful cough and struggles with the aftermath of the nicotine. I chuckle as she hands me the cigarette while containing her coughs, I take a long draw and perfectly puff out the smoke causing her to look rather amused. "Guess you've done this before." She speaks with a stranded tone, taking the stick again from my fingers.

"Not with you I haven't." I smile.

Minutes turn into hours and soon the sun begins to cast down the sky and illuminate the town in golden rays, Lola shares the cigarette with me as we pass it back and forth between shared words and each time I take the butt from her, tasting her chapstick on the end, my heart beats a little quicker and my admiration of the blue eyed girl grows. Life with her was a thrill, it was forbidden kisses and rapid heartbeats on a cold night, it was passion and lust painted on a canvas with colours so vibrant.

And as she talked of love, discussing her version of it from the pages of the books she read. I thought perhaps maybe one day, I could love her blue eyes and freckled nose the way she deserves.

***

authors note;

Hi! I have changed this chapter around because the previous one was going in a direction I didn't want it too, so I've changed the chapter and re-done the plot a little. It's pretty much all finalised now. Sorry for the annoyance.

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Votes and comments are appreciated, I really would love to get to at least 20-30 votes per chapter!! That would be awesome. Thank you again x

-A