twenty four

The oceans tide creeps up to shore and just misses my bare toes, the sand was cold against my feet but felt soothing against the skin it touched. My jeans are rolled up, shoes in hand while Lola carries her heels and protects the ends of her red dress.

"It's beautiful," she comments.

"There's a place up ahead I use to go as a child, my dad would fish off the rocks and I would climb around the rock pools." Lola explains, choosing to ignore those goosebumps forming against her pale skin and reminisce instead.

We've been walking a while now, the moons luminous glow against our skin. Stars sparkled across the dark skies like thousands of freckles painted on the worlds canvas, the reflection against the water leaves me breathless–causing inspiration to buzz through my bloodstream. It seemed the stars shined brighter by the coast than they did back home, and I didn't mind that at all.

Lola had a glow about her, perhaps it was that wine she had earlier that continued to buzz through her veins, or maybe it was the oceans salty air kissing her skin and the stars brightly shining into her soul.

This all felt so right, so perfect with just me and her and the moons glow against the ocean.  

"I love the feelings of sand between my toes," she hums into the crisp air. "Even if it's close to freezing." I chuckle, listening to her breaths.

We stroll along the dark beach, the moonlight in our hair and the breeze against our skin. The only connection is our fingers, entwined with an icy tip to our burning hearts. I watch Lola admire the world around her like it was her first time seeing it, and perhaps it was her first time under the moonlight flooded seas but her smile made everything stand still and I adored the way it twitched a grin with each waves kissing the shore.

"Up here," she says and tugs my hand. "There's a really great view on top of those rocks." In seconds we're running hand in hand along the sandy floor beneath us, my breath comes out in a huff as she guides me up the numerous rocks.

"Be careful." I breath, holding on tight to her small hand.

Lola's giggle echoes in the air and it's like music to my ears, we climb for a few moments before reaching the top. Everything stands still up here except the breeze touching our skins, I bring her frame closer as I take in the view. My lips formed an 'o' as I whispered into the sea breeze with a enchanted allure towards the moon kissed shores, illuminating an orbiting colour against the world around us.

"So beautiful," I breath.

"Think you could paint that?" Lola questions, looking up at me with the stars in her eyes.

"I could try." I smile. "We'll have to come back."

Lola let's a small smile tug at her ruby red lips, her alluring gaze guides my lips to hers and in seconds we are locked in a passionate kiss. My hands wrap around her small frame, pulling close as she glides her hands up my back and grabs the material of my shirt between her fingers. I moan against her taste, pulling away as her lips find my neck – lipstick stained kisses left down my exposed skin.

"I think," she breaths against another kiss, our lips ghosting each other as her eyes flutter open. "I think I'm falling for you Harry."

Many thoughts shift through my mind, but I tug that smile up on my lips despite the thumping anxiety going through my head. I don't say anything, a rising lump in my throat preventing any words from forming. I simple just press my lips to hers, passionately full of lustful movements.

***

"H," I hear the familiar voice of Z behind me, his admiring gaze burning into the canvas I created. "That's–and excuse my language–fucking amazing, what inspired this?"