twenty six

disclaimer; this chapter contains a sex scene.

harry

We were within the forest, bright skies and pine trees surround us as we walk down the rocky path. Her hair was messy, the wind a seeping reminder of the cold we escaped with shining suns. The blue eyed girl wore a side braid that was wild with the passing hours windy air, but somehow on her it looked even more beautiful.

She steps down off a narrow rock, the leather jacket I let her borrow slides down her shoulders slightly and snugs her body with a desired taste.

I exhale a breath as I step down the rock, feeling the earth beneath my boots as the birds sung among the clouds.

"How much further?" Lola questions with a lowly tone.

I smile. "Not far now, love."

She gives me a defeated smile, holding a hand out for me to grasp. As our fingers lace together I feel a tug in my chest, her icy fingertips making my stomach bubble with excitement.

When we arrived to our destination the sun finally casts down against the sky ever-so-slightly, a beaming light warming our skin. The open field was scattered with flowers and fallen leaves, the blue eyed girl skips into the sunshine with brightness kissing her pale skin.

She turns to me, looking past the sun rays to smile at me with a glimmering heart. And after all these months of knowing her, I still felt like I was walking with the stars when I watched her lips twist into that beautiful smile.

"So where is this mystery cabin?" Lola questions as I wrap an arm around her, our steps syncing up against the rough ground.

"Just up here."

We walk for merely five minutes until the cabin comes into view, the burgundy structure the same as when I was a child. I hear Lola audibly gasp as she lurches forwards, the leather of her boots running across the dewy flowers below.

"It's wonderful." She chirps, skipping down the rocky path with a gleeful grin. "When is everyone else arriving?"

"In about four hours, so we have the place to ourselves until then."

Lola gives me a look as she steps up onto the creaky porch, a look I knowingly return as we enter the cold cabin.

"Is my jacket in your bag?" Lola was kneeled down by the now burning fire, her icy breath still lingered as she let her back warm against the fiery sensation. I nod, handing her the piece of clothing as I unpacked the remaining belongings.

Once finished, I sat down on the dusty old couch as sun beams through the window, I feel a buzzing in my veins as I look around the area with a slight grin.

The cabin was cozy, built by my grandfather about 30 years prior to now. The wooden interior and exterior matched, but somehow my family had made it more like a second home throughout the years and decorated the place with everything we bought in the town nearby or found in the surrounding forest. The kitchen and living room window was large, looking out on the lake as the mountains kissed the edges of the skies.

This was my favourite place to be.

"I'm guessing that easel is yours," Lola points to the corner of the room, that familiar easel with paint stains occupied the area with nostalgic air.

"Yeah," I grin. "Well it was originally my grandmothers, my family said I could have it when she died."

Lola's eyes fade a little, but the smile she wore lingered. "I'm guessing she painted as well."