eighteen

LOOK AT THAT GIF. LOOK AT IT. NOW LETS WEEP TOGETHER.

disclaimer; this chapter mentions people with special needs, not a single offence is intended and I hope you enjoy this heartwarming chapter.

harry

The lake was such a special place to me. Our town had a really lovely beautiful lake, with deep blue waters that ran over the rocky shores. Trees scattered around the woodland area, almost like your own personal forest with nothing but the air and the birds lulling you. I always sat at the bench closest to the shore, the old timber seat had many memories imbedded in it, with carvings and drawings laid out on the faded wood. I came here to escape, to refresh my mind, and to draw.

I had my journal laid out on my lap, an empty page had turned into a sketch of her eyes with nothing but grey inside. No colour today, no electricity, just raw grey colours drawing out the figure of a beautiful girl that haunted my mind.

My hands were a little dirty, the pencil marks had rubbed against the back of my hand, running up to the tips of my fingers. I wipe them against my jeans, sighing into the air as I do so.

My heart leaps from chest as a voice follows that breeze, echoing in my mind. "I've always liked when your hands are dirty from painting or drawing." I looked up to see her wonderful smile, beaming down on me with bright blue eyes that seemed to match the sky so perfectly.

She held a camera in her hands, a older type of device that she cradled gently before bringing the camera to her eye, snapping a shot of me; a monotone expression caught as stared into the lens. I laugh, an echoing sound against the lakes waters.

"Did you just take my photo?"

She grins. "I did, it's for my project."

"Another one?"

She shakes her head. "Same one, I couldn't paint anything well enough so I asked if I could do a photography file on things I find special; Mrs. Robinson was pretty thrilled with that idea."

I chuckle. "I would of helped you some more, with the painting."

Lola shrugs, taking a few small steps before placing her small frame next to me on the seat. Her hands were against the bareness of her lap, boney and pale as they rested on the smooth skin of her legs. I wanted to apologise for the other night, not sure how to as words couldn't form in my mouth.

"I love this time of day," she comments, disrupting my jumbled mind. "When clouds cluster together, the sun just begins to make its way down to set across the sky and a lovely blue colours overwhelms the town." She admires the sky, gazing at it lovingly. "It's just so pleasant to look at." Her hands come up to her face with the camera, one click and an image of the water and sky is taken. In that second of the way the world around us stood, the colours in the sky, it was now immortal in a photograph forever.

My mind ticks on as she snaps shots around her, of a bird in a tree, more of the sky and more of world around her. An idea pops into my mind, something that makes my smile grow.

"What?" She questions, lowering the camera.

"You said you want to photograph special things, right?" I ask.

"Yeah."

I let my grin grow. "I know the perfect place."

***

lola

Today had been my time to reflect, having my mind so full of anxious thoughts I needed to escape. When I walked down to the lake, camera in hand and a song in my ears, I imagined I would see him sitting there drawing away. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips when I did see him, not at all surprised. His concentration and pink lips made me feel warm as I gazed upon him, sitting on the bench as he wiped the pencil from his hands.