fifteen

h a r r y

How lovely she looks, wearing that black top and floral printed jeans, it was almost like she wanted to be this daydream of colour, licking her ruby lips and letting her blue eyes dance into the mind of the weak boy I was. I almost couldn't help myself, an intoxicating aroma made me gravitate towards her but she couldn't be touched, not now. I sat on one side of the large living room, perched on a cozy couch with my friends. She sat on the other side, a much smaller seat with his tattooed arm around her shoulder. I watched her attentively, picking at the polish on her fingers nails as his lips moved slowly in the back of her mind, talking about his music with others. She had glanced at me a few times, guilt and longing in those electric eyes which made my eyes search around the room for anything but.

"-And I'm hoping to start doing gigs of my own soon, I've got a few pubs lined up across the state." Louis speaks, hiding his satisfaction with a sweet smile.

"Wow." A brunette girl sang, her eyes wide with wonder. "That's amazing."

"Are you going to have shows in town?" A green eyed girl inquires, propping herself down next to the brunette with the same glimmer in her eyes.

Lola rolls her eyes, shuffling away from Louis.

Whilst staring at the blue eyed girl, I wondered how her mind was ticking by in this moment. She seemed dimmer, like a light had been turned off inside her and she had no intentions of letting it flow through her again anytime soon. Her body language was different, much less than it usually was as she leaned to the side with the cup in her hand. I sighed, annoyed with the situation as I stood to my feet.

"I'm going to get some fresh air, I'll be back." I announced. My friends simply just nod, too interested in their conversation and drugs right now.

I feel her eyes burn into me as I walk out of the room, I ignore the piercing feeling in my heart and leave her be. A weight lifts off my shoulder as I enter the kitchen and reality washes over my soul once again and soon I find the back door of this grand home, walking out to the crisp night air with a welcoming exhale.

As the garden greeted me with twinkling lights scattered along the treetops, I smile for the first time tonight. Genuine and long as I stared up into the beautiful sky and wished upon those stars to bring peace into my wild mind tonight.

I let out a sigh as I walked towards that familiar hammock that Lola and I once sat on. It was cold as I settled myself on it, but once I felt comfortable I relaxed into the material and gazed up into the edges of the garden around me. The sky always reminded me of her, the brightness and beauty that was made up of millions of beautiful stars were just like her soul. I wondered what she was doing right now, perhaps lazing against her boyfriend while they laughed into the smokey air. It felt like my world collided with hers way too hard tonight, and now nothing but destruction and sadness was breaking against my universe.

"Harry?" A familiar voice startles me, I jerk my body up to meet the familiar eyes of Sam. "Thought that was you." He smiles before walking my way from the back door. I wiggle to the side to let him settle next to me, his faded blue hair illuminated under the twinkling lights.

"How are you, Sam?" I ask, sighing out a smoggy breath.

"Bit overwhelmed with that party in there, so I came out for some fresh air."

"Same," I chuckle. "You have a great backyard to escape too."

"Thanks." Sam's crooked smile is on full display as he leans back into the hammock, I mimic his actions. "I'm guessing you're out here because of Lola?" His words leave marks in my skin, my heart raced and I couldn't help the sputtering words that left my mouth when I replied.