Chapter 1 - Imposition

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photographing without the prior written permission of the author.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hmiamiamia

Sophia's P.O.V.

"We need to talk, dear," my father said.

"What happened? What do you want to talk about, dad?"

"I talked to John last night. He wanted you to meet his son and get married to him. And I told him it was a good idea.."

"What?! "I didn't believe my ears. It was impossible. Xander and I. I had seen Xander only once from afar. Yes, he was so handsome and scary. Everyone knew he was a ruthless businessman and even his nickname was 'The Devil' in a business world. "No, I will never marry him," I responded to my father.

"Sophia, please meet him. If you don't get along, I will not insist."

"Dad, didn't you hear what kind of person he is? How do you expect me to get married to a person like him? I don't even want to see him."

"Please, Sophia give him a chance. I know him. He is a good person. Yes, I know that you are scared because of what you heard about him, but believe me. He is a kind person. When you get to know him, you will understand. Please, give him a chance for me."

".... Okay, but I have a condition."

"Okay, I accept it. What is it?"

"I will meet him and try to know him, but in the process, he will not know who I am," I told my father. And he accepted it.

He talked to Xander's father. He hired me as Xander's assistant, and during this time I could get to know him better.

Xander's P.O.V.

"Never. I don't want to marry," I snapped.

"Listen to me, son. We want to see that you are married, that you have children."

"Dad, I said no. I'm not thinking about getting married."

"Xander, that is enough! You need to forget Lily. All girls are not like her. Sophia is a good girl."

"Dad, Lily is not in my mind anymore, but now I don't trust any woman. That topic is closed. It will not be opened again."

My father came closer and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Son, don't do this to yourself. You upset me and your mother. Do not think that all women are like her because she left you for her career. Someone can really love you unconditionally and always be by your side."

"Dad, please. Close this topic. I have a meeting."

"So..."

I didn't wait for him to finish, I walked out and closed the door behind me. I was tired of all these issues, hearing her name when these topics came up. Yes, I did not love her anymore. But I gave myself a promise that I would never fall in love with anyone again.

John's P.O.V.

"Xander didn't accept it?" Elena, my wife asked.

"No, he didn't, Elena, but I talked to Martin. Sophia didn't accept it at first, too, but Martin persuaded her. She has a condition though."

Sophia's P.O.V.

"What? I don't believe it. They want you to get married to Xander Knight?" Ella, my friend said.

"Yes, they do, Ella. They are crazy."

"But he is extremely handsome and sexy," she pointed out.

"Yeah, I know, but you know what kind of person he is," I argued.

"Yes, 'Mr. Devil'. Then when you get married to him you will be 'Mrs. Devil'," she burst out laughing.

"Don't laugh, Ella!" I couldn't hold myself and began to laugh. "I don't want to get married now, especially to him. Dad will think that I'm convinced by it. I will have this going on for a few days, and after I will tell my father that I do not like him. I am sure Xander will do everything to make me hate him."

"Don't be so sure. It's not just how ruthless he is, there's also a captivating effect on anyone by him."

"Yeah, I know, but it will not work on me. Okay, I should go. Bye."

"Okay. Bye."

Two days later

The day had come. Today I was going to start working as his assistant. I wore a black pencil skirt and a cream-colored blouse. I did my hair wavy and left it open. For the last time, I looked at myself in the mirror. I took my bag and left.

I stopped my car in front of the company and got out of the car. Uncle John met me at the company. We went to Xander's office. He knocked on the door, and we walked in.

"Son, meet your new assistant, Arianna Anderson." When our eyes met, I could not take my eyes off him. I was fascinated by him. He was so handsome, attractive, and sexy. He wore a black Armani suit, a white shirt, and a black tie. This game was going to be hard.