Chapter 20 - Jealousy

Sophia's P.O.V.

We were having dinner when Xander asked me, "Did you receive an invitation?"

"Yeah."

"We'll go together tomorrow when I arrive home."

"No, I will go from the company. I will take my dress to the company."

"Sophia."

"Xander, you're arriving late. I will go with my parents. My mother is going to the company, too."

He breathed deeply and said as calmly as possible, "Alright. It will be like you say, Sophia."

He stood up with his plate being almost full so I asked him, "Are you not hungry?"

"No, I've lost my appetite. I'm going to work."

He went to his office without looking at me. I finished eating, cleared the table and went upstairs. I was tired. I decided to go to bed.

I got up in the morning. I took my dress for the event. When I went down, there was breakfast on the table. Since I had started to stay in his house, Xander got up early every morning and made breakfast. It made me happy how caring he was towards us, but sometimes he exaggerated. It made me angry. I walked closer to the table and there was a note on the table.

'Good Morning! Don't leave without having breakfast. Drink the orange juice, too. See you at the event. Xander.'

I put the note on the table and had breakfast. Suddenly, a wave of nausea flooded over me. I ran to the bathroom. I felt sick. I didn't feel well; nausea passed a little at noon.

I was ready. I told Luke that he didn't have to wait for me, but he told me that he was going to drop me off because he had an injunction from Xander that he would drop me off.

When I arrived at the event, Xander hadn't arrived yet. I walked towards my parents and Xander's parents. After talking to them, I went to talk to Ella. We were talking and she said, "Sophia, look at who's coming?!"

I was surprised when I turned around, "Derek?"

"Girls, you look beautiful." He hugged me, then he hugged Ella.

Derek was our groupmate from the university. We hadn't seen him for a couple of years.

"Where have you been? We haven't seen you for a couple of years," Ella asked.

"Look who's talking. There was no news from you after graduation either."

"Excuse me, my mother calls me," Ella said.

"Okay, Ella."

Xander's P.O.V.

I didn't see Sophia when I arrived. I went towards my parents and asked them, "Where's Sophia, mom?"

"She went to talk to Ella."

"Okay, I'm going to talk to James."

"Okay, son."

James and I were talking while I looked for Sophia and finally I found her. She was talking to a man though. I squeezed the whiskey glass in my hand tightly. "Who is he?!" I asked James.

"Who, Xander?" he asked. He looked at where I was looking. "Oh, Derek is here, too."

"Who is he?" I asked again.

"Derek Thompson. Don't you remember him? We met him at a party a few years ago."

"Yeah. Why is he talking to Sophia? I'm going to them."

"Calm down, Xander. They're just talking," he tried to stop me.

"Are they only talking?! Don't you see how he's looking at her." As I continued looking, I saw that he said something to her; she was laughing. As the waitress passed by them, the man took two glasses of wine and gave her one. I put the whiskey I had in my hand down on the table. "I'm going."