Chapter 25 - His ways

Sophia's P.O.V.

We told our parents about my pregnancy. Everybody was so happy. I got up in the morning and put on my clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror. My stomach was beginning to show. I placed my hand on my stomach, feeling the tiny bump. "My baby."

I saw Xander in the mirror. He was watching me, leaning against the wall and our eyes met. He smiled and came close to me. He hugged me from behind and placed his hand on my stomach. I leaned my cheek against his cheek.

"I love you, my angels."

"We love you too."

We got ready and left together.

I went to the company. I called my secretary once I was settled in my office. I asked her about the Moretti project. But, she told me that my father had managed it already. Why? I was dealing with this project. My father had told me that I was going to deal with it. I called my father. He said he wanted to talk to me as well and was coming to my office. I was waiting for my father in my office.

"My beautiful daughter, how are you? How's my grandchild?"

"We're fine, dad. You dealt with the Moret…"

"Yeah, I was going to talk to you about it. I don’t want you to get tired. You're pregnant and you need to rest."

"Dad, I work in this company too. And, I don’t get so tired. I’m taking care of myself."

"You need to rest at home. Your mother and Xander agree with me too."

"Dad…wait a minute. Did Xander talk to you about this?" I got angry. I talked to Xander about this. Now the opening of this topic again annoyed me.

"Daughter, he thinks about you. And he is right. Xander told me that he didn’t want you to get tired. He talked to you, but you didn’t listen to him. He wanted me to help him."

"But I talked to him already. I told him I would work until I got closer to my due date."

"My daughter, this topic is closed. I will deal with a part of your work; the other part will be dealt by Mr. Scott. Now get ready and go home. Rest."

My father left the office without letting me say anything. I was angry. I took my bag and left. Luke was waiting for me.

"We're going to Xander's company."

"Okay, Mrs. Knight."

I was squeezing the strap of my bag in the car. I was annoyed. He went behind my back and received support from my dad.

We arrived at his company. I quickly got out of the car.

"Amelia, good morning. Is Xander in his office?"

"Yes, but he is…"

I entered his room without listening to her. I opened the door without knocking. When I opened the door, everybody turned to me. Xander was staring at me surprised.

"We need to talk," I told him seriously.

"I'm in a meeting…"

"Now, Xander!"

He rolled his eyes. But I didn't care how annoyed he might be. He played games behind my back and then told me that he was at a meeting. He needs to pray that I don’t shatter his company.

"We will continue the meeting later," Xander told his associates.

Everybody left the room. Xander sat in his seat.