Chapter 17 - The Devil is back

Two days later

Sophia's P.O.V.

I packed my suitcases and left. I put my suitcases in the trunk. I went to my parent's house. I told them that I was going abroad today. I told them that I needed a little time to be alone. I went to our house that's away from the city.

I arrived at the house and settled in. I was hungry. I went to the kitchen and made something to eat. Then, I decided to watch a movie. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door.

"Hi."

I was shocked to see who was at the door. Xander was standing in front of me, smiling at me. I didn't know whether to be surprised that he found me or of his attitude.

I gathered myself and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"You are so hospitable." I rolled my eyes. "If you let me, I'll come in."

"No. We have nothing to talk about."

"Are you sure?" He grinned with a mocking smile.

I let him walk in. He looked around the house and sat down on the couch. I followed him. I was standing in front of him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you going to tell me what you're doing here?" I finally decided to ask him.

"I wanted to see you."

"You don’t expect me to believe that you came here just because you missed me."

He stood up, putting his hands in his pocket. I stepped back. He looked at me smirking and said, "I didn’t say that I missed you."

"How did you find me? I didn’t tell my parents that I was going to be here."

"How quickly did you forget who I am? I just wasn’t here for a week."

"Xander, can you go? Please!" He raised his eyebrows and shook his head. "Xander, it seems like Italy didn’t affect you in a good way. I think you forgot what happened between us and now you’re standing in front of me as if nothing happened between us."

He moved closer to me. When I wanted to take a step back, my legs were pressed against the armchair. He smirked, "I didn’t forget anything, not how you lied to me…nor our passionate nights."

He ran his fingertip on my cheek. Even his little touch made my heart beat faster. He was up to something.

"Xander, that's enough. What do you want from me?"

"You called me."

"Yes, I did, but it was a mistake."

"What were you going to tell me?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter."

"It doesn't matter?!" he repeated my sentence, raising his eyebrows in question.

"No, it doesn’t."

"Don’t say words that you’ll regret."

"You are just talking nonsense. Go!"

"Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"…No, now go!"

He put his hand on my stomach. I was shocked. I couldn't move. "Are you sure?" I gathered myself and walked away. "By what right do you dare hide my baby from me?"

"Why should I tell you? So that you can say that I'm using my baby to marry you,” I said angrily.

"Our baby."