Chapter Three

Early on Sunday, we began moving our things from our apartment. None of the furniture was brought to the new house but my bed and desk managed to make the cut. It was an exhausting day and we still hadn't finished. My new room was a mess; all the boxes and luggage were just thrown inside. I was still in a bit of a shock and I wasn't the only one. The only one who seemed perfectly happy was Lando.

"Done!" said my dad who was out of breath as he had just put down a large box. "What do you mean done?" I looked at him anxiously "What about my room? Where am I going to sleep?" I said, frowning in disbelief. "Oh, yeah" he replied and looked as if he just realized the problem and he looked at Elynn, looking for answers.

"Would it be okay, if you slept a few nights in another room?" She asked gently. All the boys, except Lando, looked up at once with shock and what seemed to be a drop of hope in their eyes. "Okay" I said but I continued "Could I sleep with Lando?" I asked. Lando seemed extremely happy and he gave several victorious looks at his brothers. "Of course" replied Elynn.

She then came towards me quickly and whispered in my ear "If you regret it, you can always change your mind" she looked at me and winked. "I'll let you know" I smiled. It can't be that bad, can it?

I brushed my teeth and put on my pyjamas after I settled in Lando's room and headed to the living room to get some water. To my surprise, the triplets were still up. "Hello..." I said realizing how worn out I was when hearing my own voice. "Hi. Is Lando still running around too?" Asked Noah and I nodded as a reply. I was about to drink some water but Lando came running down the stairs "Come on, it's way past my bed-time!" He said energetically. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming!" I said and sighed. As I was about to leave Eithan fumed "So, Oli. Why did you decide to spend your nights with Lando, and not with someone else?". As he finished, James and Noah looked up and it looked like they were thinking the same thing but did not dare to ask. I cocked an eyebrow "Well...I don't know, maybe because he has some actual manners" i said walking away, already half way up the stairs. I could feel the fact that he was enjoying himself.

I stopped hesitantly in front of Lando's door. I pushed it open and stepped into a light blue room. His desk was full of books and a total mess. The room itself was very bright, even at night, and even though it was small it seemed very spacious. Lando's bed was dark blue with red and yellow sheets. Looking at his room I could tell that he was obsessed with cars. My temporary bed, on the other hand, seemed totally odd-looking inside his bedroom with its light pink sheets and the white pillows. As I was scanning the room Lando was talking the whole time for all types of stuff like the fact that he wants to be a "car runner" with the best car in the world. I looked at the clock above his bed; it was 11:20 pm already! "Hey, Lando, it's very late and I'm very tired can we please sleep?" I asked gently. "Oh, okay then" he looked very disappointed. After ten minutes or so we switched off the lights and went to bed. As I was pulling the covers I heard a clap of thunder, announcing the brewing storm.

I suddenly felt a light poke on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and I saw Lando standing right above me. I woke up a little bit more and I stood up on my elbows. When my vision finally cleared I saw Lando with tears running down his face. "What's wrong?" I said with worry. He didn't speak but his cheeks blushed. I was so confused, but a second later a loud thunder struck. Lando jumped and thats when I realized. "Are you scared, sweetie?" I asked. He said nothing but he turned even redder while avoiding eye contact. "Ok then, come" I said and raised the blanket and I smiled at him sleepily. He seemed so relieved and gave me a big smile. He lay down beside me and I made room for him by pushing myself as far as I could on the wall. He whispered a very quietly "Thank you" but then another loud thunder echoed and he instantly covered himself with the blanket. I put my arm around him and uncovered his head. As I was stroking his hair I said "It's ok, now go to sleep" "Ok, goodnight" he said softly and took my hand off of his hair and held it. I held it back and closed my eyes but it took some time for me to fall asleep again.