Chapter Twelve

Present day

The past weeks have been crazy. Everyone in the family is going nuts for different reasons. Shawn got accepted into the university which means he will follow his dream of becoming a professional swimmer. Harry and Mylo made their college applications and while Harry was totally cool Mylo was freaking out and I don't blame him, he decided to make an application in Oxford University for medicine. In our parents' office, everything was going crazy with all the different cases.

As for the triplets, James' attitude had taken a full turn and from a chill guy, he became a squealing fangirl after he confessed to Emma. Speaking of which, Emma is happier than ever and of course I was the first person to find out what happened between them.

Two days ago (precisely 28 minutes after James' and Emma's kiss)

I was just sitting on my bed, watching YouTube on my laptop casually when my phone rang. I chuckled seeing her contact name on my phone, 'Pure Chaos', and I picked up. "What's up chaos?" I said and chuckled. I frowned when no one answered. "Emma?" I said but still nothing. "Hello?" I looked at my screen and saw that I was still on the line. 'Was it a butt dial?' I thought and before I hang up I heard her voice from at least 30 centimetres away from my ear "MEET. PARK. NOW!" she yelled and hang up.

I stared at my lock screen confused and kinda shocked. 'What happened? Is she alright?!'. I jumped off my bed and put my shoes as quickly as possible, taking my phone and keys with me. I quickly ran downstairs and met James at the front door. "Oli? Where are you going?" he said with a smile. I didn't reply, I just said "Later.." before I shut the door with a quiet bang.

I got to the park rather quickly, panting. "E-Emma?!" I shouted as I looked around. I spotted her sitting on a bench, waving at me.

I walked to her confused, seeing her perfectly fine state. "What happened?" I asked, trying to even out his breath. She came to me and put her palms on my shoulders, smiling wide. "Guess who's James' girlfriend?!" She yelled and giggled. It took me a second to process but when I did my face was split with a smile as big as hers. "No way!" "Yes, way!" She giggled and sat on the bench, pulling me with her.

She told me everything, about Noah's plan, about James' cuteness, about the kiss on the cheek, about the real kiss, about the hug afterwards. She seemed so happy and it seemed weird to me since she had said nothing about looking at him romantically. Actually, I don't think she had looked at him that way until that very moment.

Present day

I was laying in my bed just staring at the ceiling when I heard from downstairs the front door open. 'Finally' I thought, I was starving. I heard Lando and our parents come in with the groceries and I got up when I heard multiple doors from other rooms open.

I walked downstairs only to find most people already making the table. "Hey Dad, how was work?" I asked and looked at Elynn, smiling at her. She smiled back as she continued cooking. "We have another restraining order, fourth for the month" he chuckled and sighed. I chuckled and went to take glasses.

I set them on the table and Elynn brought the food. We all sat down, though Harry and Mylo were missing. Harry had his 2 years anniversary with Tasha and Mylo was camping in the library. We started eating and I glanced at Shawn. He seemed tired but not as much as in competition season. He looked happy yet anxious.

All of us were eating peacefully when Shawn cleared his throat. No movement seemed to be happening and he cleared his throat louder. Elynn put her cutlery down first as if knowing what he'd say and looked at him while everyone else including me out their forks down slowly.