Chapter Four

The night before the wedding, I was laying in my bed with cotton cuddling up to me, not sure about what or how I should be feeling. I sure was anxious, not only for the big day but for my incorporation in a new family.

After what had happened with me, James and Eithan, things got really awkward really quickly. Whenever I and James would catch each others eyes the only thing I could do was look away. As for Eithan, he seemed perfectly normal, as if he's in his own world.

Harry and Mylo didn't seem to have noticed much, since they were struggling to keep Lando preoccupied. Shawn did notice our strange behaviour but he was so busy with keeping everything in order for the wedding that he didn't bother to ask. However Noah was acting a bit strange too, his ears would turn a little pink every time I would look at him in the eyes, I think James told him everything which makes the situation outrageous.

I sighed heavily and turned over, pulling cotton into a tight hug. It was already late and in a few hours, I'd be officially a part of this family...

* * * * *

The day had finally come! Even though I had had very little sleep I didn't care, I was excited. My heart was thudding loudly in my chest, I could feel it pound in my ears. I was so glad my dad was so truly happy, that was enough to push some of my stress away.

For the first few hours in the morning, everyone was surprisingly calm, up until Elynn's mother arrived and started bossing everyone around and stressing everyone out. Just before Elynn's mother, Abigail, started screaming again Ellyn asked me softly "Sweetie, you better go get dressed, I really hope you like the dress I picked out for you" she smiled caringly at me before receiving a death glare from her mother's pale blue eyes. I nodded and headed upstairs quickly.

I entered my room a light pink box, decorated with cream white lace bows was sitting on my bed. I opened it slowly and picked up the dress carefully.

A small gasp escaped my lips as I observed the dress thoroughly. It was gorgeous, I was just speechless! I scanned the detailed of the strapless, lilac dress. A thin mint-coloured belt was loosely placed around the the waist and was connected to a bow in the back. Under the thin lilac fabric, there a lining, with the same sweet mint colour of the bow. The dress was layered in the perfect way, the different opaqueness of the fabrics making them fuse wonderfully with each other.

I put it on carefully and stared at myself in the mirror for a few seconds. I quickly did my makeup, enjoying every second of matching my shadow to my dress but then I tried to do my hair, watching a tutorial on my phone which sadly did not give a great result. I ended up putting my hair up in a high bun, styling it with a few braids here and there and leaving money pieces in the front. As I looked through my drawers I came across a bottle of perfume that my dad had bought for me. I thought I had lost it during the move. I sprayed some on my neck and chest and smiled.

I headed back downstairs to check if anyone needed any help. As I was walking down the stairs, Harry stood and stared at me, elbowing Mylo. I tried not to make too much eye contact but I could feel the two sets of eyes, especially Mylo's piercing dark green gaze, screwed directly on me. I felt the colour on my cheeks rise but I quickly tried to ignore it, thankful it was covered by my makeup.

I smiled as I was approaching them. "You look amazing!" said Harry smiling wide. "She looks good I guess" said Mylo turning his back to both of us, but I could swear I saw a slight blush creeping up his cheeks. "Thank you" I replied softly. " Where is everyone?" I asked confused, glancing around and seeing nobody but Elynn's father, Brian. "They just went off, I'm going to drive you three once I put these boxes in the car" he smiled and looked at me with a pair of black eyes, just like Elynn's. His voice deep and intimidating but kind at the same time, it was like looking at Shawn.