Chapter Five

After I woke up the next morning, I got dressed and walked down the stairs casually. My dad, Elynn, Mrs Reeves and Oliver were already there. "Did you sleep well Olivia?" asked Mrs Reeves as my dad gave me a mug of coffee. I smiled at him and turned to her "It was great" I smiled wide. I heard a sarcastic fume coming from the hallway and I glanced towards the spot, only to see Eithan frowning. My expression filled with anger when he looked at me, then Oliver with annoyance. "Everything alright?" asked Elynn, clearly confused. "Everything's fine" said Eithan and I in unison. I saw him blush at my angry expression. Elynn nodded in disbelief.

I looked around, confused that no one else was here, and spotted three suitcases, a black and two bigger blue ones. My dad noticed my confused expression. "Dad?" I asked. "Shawn has a swimming completion in Glasgow, he'll be gone for about nine days" he said and I just nodded, kinda surprised I hadn't heard anything. I turned around and saw Elynn bring two more large suitcases. I turned to my dad. "Elynn and I are going on a trip the days Shawn will be gone, like a mini honeymoon" he smiled. "That's nice, but do you really need so much stuff?" I pointed at the luggage. He chuckled slightly. "No, two belong to Oliver and Samantha, did you really think we'd leave you alone in the house" I giggled, happy that the two would be staying with us.

* * * * *

Shawn came downstairs carrying his swimming bag. "Done!" He exclaimed with a sigh. Elynn glanced at his bag and frowned. "Isn't that too much for a week?" He shook his head negatively. "It's my gear mum"

I stood up to say goodbye, receiving a tight hug. "I heard what happened, he didn't get away with it" I cleared my throat and quickly fixed my expression, trying to ignore what he said.

Oliver was sitting silently and after Shawn left with our parents he went upstairs. I stayed in the living room for a while, finishing my second cup of coffee. I went upstairs and when I entered the room Oliver was watching his favourite movie. "Why're you watching it without me?" I said teasingly and smiled. He chuckled and patted the bed. I sat next to him smiling and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and neck, on his own this time. I found it harder to be natural when reminded of the night before. "Relax" He teased. I rolled my eyes at the comment and rested my head on his shoulder.

The movie finished and I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. "Liv" he bit bottom lip nervously. "Yeah?" I replied and shifted my gaze from my phone to his eyes. He blushed deeper as our eyes met. I looked at him and smiled, but I was visibly confused. And there we were once again, our heads seemingly drawing closer.

The door flew open and there was Eithan again. I pulled away from Oliver and to my surprise, his left fist was closed tightly. "Leave! GET OUT!" I yelled. He fumed sarcastically as I stood up, both of my fists firmly closed and my eyes filled with fury. "Come here" he said and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of my room and dragging me into his. I was trying to pull away with full force but it was in vain.

He shut the door behind us. I widened my eyes a bit and raised my fist but he grabbed it tightly. His turquoise eyes pierced into mine for a brief moment, and I lost focus. I tried to release my fist out of his hand. "Hey!" said and looked away, releasing my hand. "What's wrong with you?!" I yelled. "I'm sorry" he replied quickly.

I softened my expression slightly without letting down my guard just yet, and I pinched the bridge of my nose. "He's sitting way too close to you" he said sternly. "He'll do what he wants, I didn't know I had to have your permission to--" Suddenly, I could not speak anymore. He was kissing me. I tried to pull away but i felt his hand glide smoothly behind my waist. Was I kissing back? Why was I kissing back?! I opened my eyes only to see that his were shut.

Our lips disconnected after a few moments and I pulled away, trying to meet his eyes. He was looking down. "I'm sorry, you can leave if you want" I had absolutely no idea of what to say. I frowned and looked down. I wanted and needed to leave right now but... I let out a small sigh and kissed his cheek softly, barely grazing his cheek with my lips. "Goodnight..." I left the room, closing the door behind me and the couple of meters that were in between his door and mine seemed to be way longer now. I returned to my room and got into bed, with my back facing Oliver. "Liv?" He asked softly. "I'm okay" I lied as convincingly as I could, knowing it wasnt convincing enough.