Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 29

A/N: March 13, 2017 - 4:03 PM, Its going to be a blessing if I complete this chapter and upload it today. XD We'll see!

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Twenty Nine

"How do you feel?" Maria asked, smiling at the girl.

"Full," Scarlet responded. She stared at the reflection of her thin frame in the full length mirror of the room. She was still only in her training bra, and Maria's baggy shorts. "I've seen some of the she-wolves get huge . . ." She turned to the side, and grazed her hand down the white bandages. "Do you think Ill get big like them?"

"Id sure like to hope so. A well sculpted baby-bump means a healthy baby, of course. This is all so exciting." She got up from the bed to stand behind the girl's body. She began to work on removing the wrap. Scarlet inwardly winced but tried to remain still. She looked at her facial features. The swelling had went down the majority of the way from the punch Sin had given. She didn't look normal yet, but it certainly wasn't as bad as it was the couple hours following the hit.

Her green eyes flickered down to Maria relieving her torso of the pressure caused by the wraps. When she slid it off, Scarlet took note of her skin, red and indented with the compressions, yet the discolorations of where she'd been kicked was lightening up. Hints of the Betadine still rested on her skin, but Scarlet didn't care.

She faced the mirror again, and put a hand lightly over her lower stomach, where it was firm. From her pregnancy or the food, she wasn't sure. "Maria?"

"Yes?"

"I am expecting but I have nothing to give this child upon its arrival. No clothes, no diapers, n-"

"Stop. You relax and you let me handle all of that for you."

"Will I ever be able to see it?"

"What do you mean?"

"I overheard Elena," Elena had been one of the she-wolves who bore twin sons she'd taken part in raising when she was about thirteen years old. "Talk about these things some moons back. Where they put something on the mom's stomach and then use a device that goes through her skin so you can see what's inside the tummy," Scarlet looked at Maria, her eyes beaming. "And the baby, or babies, show on this screen."

"A sonogram. Or ultrasound, is what you are referring too." Maria informed, holding back an amused chuckle.

"Will I ever be able to get one?"

Maria gave her a little shrug. "I might be able to get that sorted too . . ." It felt like she was planning for the arrival of her own kid. She knew Scarlet lacked knowledge in this field. She truly wanted to help her throughout this entire process and be the figure she could turn too for assistance during her journey.

In a way, she envied her. Scarlet was going to have the one thing Maria always wanted. A child. With Dargon being away, she knew that Scarlet would need some help after the birth. So maybe it would be like having her own? Without the intimate bond a pregnancy gave you, that is.

Scarlet watched as Maria seemingly zoned out. Pursing her lips, she turned back to the mirror, shaped a heart with her fingers, and pressed it against her stomach.

In her head, she tried to imagine that Dargon was right behind her, his warm hands on top of hers. And she smiled.

***

A/N: Well then, I got that done sooner than expected. Not as long as the previous chapter but it certainly gives a lighter perspective to things.

Like this chapter if you made it to the end! <3
Comment your thoughts, I enjoy seeing all those wonderful comments! <3
Follow me if you want to be notified for further updates!
Share this story to your fellow friends!