Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 38

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Thirty Eight

Dargon buttoned the last circle of his shirt. The clothes fit very well on him. His father's build all those years ago was very similar to Dargon's current one. He wasn't aware how long he'd spent in the shower, but he knew it felt nice. And for the first time in a long time he relaxed. He had everything he wanted. He had shelter, and his mate. And money that would sustain and keep this place going for a long time courtesy of his deceased parents. And one day the place would be booming with running, giggling, kids, and he could hold his loving wife close and smile at the lifestyle they'd built with one another. It was all but a fantasy he was looking forward too. He never wanted to be apart from Scarlet again. Sin was lucky Dargon showed enough pity as to not kill him. He couldn't say the same for the men that pitiful excuse of an Alpha sent out.

Dargon moved to the mirror, wiped the tinted dust off of the glass, and stared at himself. He felt at peace. A small smile brought the corners of his lips upward, and he opened the bathroom door to exit. As he approached the couch, he saw Scarlet, as beautiful as day one, sleeping peacefully still.

He leaned down over the back of the couch to push strands of her dark tinted hair from her face, so that he could gaze upon her beauty further. His thumb stroked her cheek, and his heart thumped. God, he couldn't believe how much he'd missed this girl. He walked around the couch towards the open frontal, and crouched down. His eyes absorbed every inch of her gorgeous physique. She was all his. He was lucky. Too lucky.

One of her arms was draped over her upper stomach, below her breasts, therefore her shirt was up just a few inches to reveal her skin. He grinned, and moved his fingers down to tug the shirt back down, only for his hand to stop above her stomach. He slid his hand up her skin starting from the exposed area, guiding the shirt with him. and gingerly laid a tender warm kiss over her bellybutton. He breathed out from his nose and closed his eyes, keeping his lips there. Things couldn't have gotten any better than this.

. . . And then he felt something.

His eyes shot open, and he quickly retracted. What was that?

Once more, he laid a large hand over her bare tummy, and he could somehow feel a . . . Fluttering sensation. Very light.

Scarlet adjusted in her sleep, and her small hand rested on top of his. He looked up, but her eyes were still closed. "Scarlet . . ." He whispered. He wanted her to be up, to tell him if he was truly feeling something or if it were just his mind playing tricks on him. She must not have heard him, because she merely turned to face the couch and ticked her tongue as many others did in their slumber. "Scarlet!" He hissed. This time she jerked, and her eyes parted to immediately look at Dargon. "Huh?!"

She abruptly sat up.

"No, no, no, no," He carefully pulled her back down.

"What's going on?" She was so puzzled. She looked around. "Where are we?"

"Shhhhhh. Sh." Dargon reached up and covered her mouth, the other hand roamed over her tummy once more, and he paused.

Her body grew heated. W . . . What was he doing?

"Scarlet . . ." He moved his hand from her mouth, and watched her stomach. "Either you ate something alive and its trying to claw its way back up . . . Or . . ."

She froze. He grabbed one of her hands, and quickly slid it over her stomach in place of his own. Instantly Scarlet could feel movements, small, but there. There was no doubt in her mind this was her baby. Their baby, it was moving . . . She'd never felt such an exciting, heart-warming, vibrant, unexplainable sensation a day in her life. "Oh my God," She whispered, and tears filled her eyes.

Dargon's eyebrows caved in. "What is that . . .?" He asked.

"Dargon . . ." He had to know. She wasn't going to hide this from him. She'd been waiting so long for this day to come and for him to be here for her and now that he finally was he had every right in the world to know that -

"I'm pregnant . . ."

***

A/N: Dun, Dun, DUUUUUUUNNN!!
The news is FINALLY out!
Who else is excited? XD
Leave the gender you think their unborn is before you depart from this book. :3

Like this chapter if you made it to the end! <3
Comment your thoughts, I enjoy seeing all those wonderful comments! <3
Follow me if you want to be notified for further updates!
Share this story to your fellow friends!