Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 5

Dedications-

milovepocki

Faithofthewolf

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Five

Scarlet gazed around as she entered the very known field of territory. The wolves were just awakening. The movement of the older animals caused yawns of irritation from the pups to echo as the sun rose.

Her eyes searched eagerly, and then they landed on him. The Beta of the pack. The only one besides the Luna who ever showed real generosity.

Who actually cared for her. It took all of her energy to mind-link the golden colored wolf without letting the technique seep through. If it did, the message would most likely go to everyone.

"James,"

His bronze colored eyes opened. They were alert as her voice rang through his head. She inched back further behind a thorny rose bush as he got up.

James released a muffled yawn, stretching large paws in front of him, and the bright yellow oval situated in the baby blue sky glistened on his pelt in a way that sent gapes of admiration in his direction.

Scarlet marveled at him as well, awaiting an answer from the higher ranked member.

His golden eyes roamed around the other wolves, scanning for the one who sent him the signal of communication.

Slowly, they landed on pround. He stepped over his pack members, and his alluring waft caused many of the females to wake up upon scenting his secondary dominance.

But he ignored them, making his way towards Scarlet, to which she stepped back even more until her coat was completely hidden. Her backtrack allowed James space to enter.

A powerful scent filled his nose, and he swung his head around wildly, shuffling his paws.

Scarlet lowered her head. The smell came from herself and her earlier encounter with the strange male she felt so deeply connected too.

James soon got the idea, and began masking her horrid aroma with his own. As unpleasant as it was to have her mated companion rub against her, she knew it would save her questioning from her pack, and torture from the Alpha.

Once Scarlet was masked to a point where all stench of the newly discovered creature was gone, he watched as she brushed against trees and rolled in the soil where the fellow wolves departed from.

It looked awkward, but played a huge role. After having James mask her scent, she had to freshen it up with that of everyone else, or James's mate would really give her some trouble.

Just as the girl got up, she came face to face with Sin, the Alpha. His dark eyes peered down at her. He towered above her in human form by several feet. James didn't even give Scarlet a second glance before pawing off into a different direction, leaving the white wolf alone with him and his deadly stare.

She flattened her ears and started to coward back from his glare.

"I was up last night, but didn't see or sense you." His deep voice boomed like a loud trombone. Her head dropped down.

She had been caught.

"She was with me," A soft Goddess like voice defended.

Scarlet's head snapped back to see the Luna. She was so confused at this present point now.

"Oh?" He asked roughly. "Maria, don't take up for this sorry excuse of a-"

"I said she was with me." Maria repeated, equally irritated.

They exchanged glances before he gave a slight nod of the head, stalking off.

The fair skinned female gazed down at Scarlet with shimmering blue eyes.

Scarlet blinked.

The Luna is taking up for me?

She thought.

How odd...

A wind blew, rippling her daint coat around with the Luna's long blonde hair.

She tensed up, hoping she still smelled of the pack. The Luna's eyes flashed momentarily and her beautiful features scrunched up in disgust.

"You smell of him." She announced softly. The scene of their one and only Luna speaking with the 'pitiful' Omega earned many curious glances, but none either paid attention too.

Scarlet leaned down, a whimper escaping her throat due to the obvious discovery.

Maria knew.

===============================

A/N: I know that chapter wasn't the best, but please bear with me and vote if you wish for another chapter. I feel this book is taking a wrong turn and only the satisfaction of knowing you guys appreciate it will encourage me to continue!