Chapter 2

Roman's P.O.V

I sit in my office rummaging through the research and development contract, making sure every detail is perfect. Not a missing comma nor a missing period. I make any last minute edits and head to Damon's office to get him to fix it. I walk in and smirk as I see Damon rubbing his forehead and running his hand through his raven hair.

"I need this contract edited." I tell him.

He looks up at me with pleading eyes, "Buddy, I am still not done last weeks work. How am I supposed to catch up?"

"You offered to be my temporary assistant." I remind him.

"Well yes, but I'm your best friend I thought you'd go easy on me." He says.

"Damon just head home, I'll do this all." I tell him.

"Rome, how are you gonna find an assistant that can deal with this?" He asks me.

I open my mouth to answer, but the door opening interrupts me and in walks Carlos with a cup of coffee and a huge grin covering his face.

"What's got you so smiley?" Damon asks him.

I take a seat and look up at Carlos expecting an answer, " well, let's just say I found a girl perfect for the job." He says.

"Who?" I ask, curiously.

"This girl, umm Adeline I think her name is. Anyway you know that coffee shop I love." He says.

We nod, "well she's a barista there and she's on the hunt for a full time job. She has a degree in business and design and I am telling you man that she is perfect for the job. She's efficient, fast and extremely kind." He finishes.

"You think some barista is qualified to aid me in running a company?" I ask.

"Hey who knows none of the people with years of experience have lasted a day, I mean it's worth a shot." Damon says.

"Plus I've seen her work etiquette for a while man and she is perfect for this job." Carlos says.

"Damon set up an interview, I guess we'll find out. Did you get her contact information?" I ask.

He nods and passes Damon his phone.

"I'll email her tonight" Damon says, I nod.

"You guys head out, I'll meet you later. I'm just gonna finish up some work." I say.

They nod, "We'll be at Kings Landing Grill, pick us up from there?" Carlos asks.

I nod and we say our goodbyes. I sit back down and start emailing potential clients and catch up on the work Damon hasn't done.

All of a sudden the laptop dies and I end up staring at my reflection on the computer screen. I stare into my cold eyes and notice how distant they seem. I shrug off the thought and just do some paperwork.

I look over at the clock and see that it's 5:45, I grab my blazer and head out to pick up the boys. I get into my small limo and instruct the driver to head towards the grill. I arrive 15 minutes early, I wait in the back of the car and answer my emails. The car starts to warm, so I open the window to let some of the breeze in and that's when a little boy catches my eye.

A young boy, no older than 5 sits on the ground crying. Tens of people pass by him, but no one stopped to help. Some people in the world just disgust me. I am just about to go out there when a young woman stops and sits down next to him. I stare at the woman. She's dressed very simply and has little to no makeup with her hair up.

She looks so simple, but her sight is truly breathtaking. Her big brown eyes are filled with kindness and her pink plump lips pull into a small frown staring at the boy. She pulls out some water and a band aid and helps clean up his wound.

She places a gentle kiss on his bandage and smiles at him. Her smile. A smile so beautiful it could brighten up a room. She sits down next to him, mimicking his position by crossing her legs and pulls out a lollipop to which he gets really happy and jumps in his seat. She giggles at his reaction and lets out a laugh.

Her laugh is almost as entrancing as her eyes. She is simply beauty, nothing about her is fake. Her stunning face and curvy figure is enchanting. I run my eyes over the woman who now keeps the young boy company. I feel the corners of my mouth tilt up as I stare at this woman's antics, from her smile to her laugh and the way she bites her lip when shes thinking. The man who calls her his is lucky.

But who is to be sure, she may just be misread at first sight. A woman walks out and runs to the boy. She, whom I assume is his mother pulls out her wallet. The young woman nods her head and tells her to pull it away. She flashes her gorgeous smile and walks off while giving the boy a high five, my hearts warms at this action.

She starts to walk off into the evening sky as I watch her figure get smaller with each step. My eyes running over every smooth edge of her body to capture her memory in my mind.

The boys arrive and we head off. Carlos and Damon keep themselves busy with conversation as my mind is still busy thinking about that girl. She is such a different woman. I have never seen someone like her. So simple yet so stunning. Kindness glimmers in her eyes and her smile shines light. Who is she?

I drop the boys off at their shared apartment and I head home. My phone rings and I answer and hear my mothers voice.

"Hey honey" She says.

"Hello ma." I say.

"Sweety why didn't you answer any of my calls today?" She asks.

"I apologize but I had a lot of work to get done." I say.

"Well my friend Karen has a daughter who I think you may like-" She says, but I cut her off.

"Mother you know their family is just full of gold diggers. I love you but please stop setting me up with woman who have no knowledge and 20 pounds of makeup on their face. Those kinds of women are just arm candy. " I tell her honestly.

"I know they aren't very suitable Rome but I worry for you. You've never had a relationship. With you its always work." She says.

"Well maybe when there is a woman that I meet who is worth more than one night I'll give it a try." I say smirking.

"Dear lord." She mumbles.

"Night ma." I say.

"Night baby." She says.

I hang up and my eyes drift off into the evening sky where I wonder what that woman is doing now...