Chapter 10

Vivian's P.O.V (Roman's mom)

Dear lord Destiny has to be the most self centered, annoying and disrespectful girl Rome has been with by far. Her voice is giving me a headache. I don't know why my son is with a girl like that. I wish he would just let go of whatever is holding him back.

I miss my son who used to laugh....

I miss my son who would blush whenever the name of his girlfriend was brought up...

I miss my son who used to ask women out on dates, instead of using them...

I miss his smile...

Though something different happened today, he told Destiny that the coffee was Adeline's expecting her to give it back. Though it is a small gesture it seems so big for him. He never cared for any of his assistants or how anyone treated them?

I look up at Adeline and see her talking to Mrs. Davidson, a new client of ours. She is smiling brightly, discussing our company with such intelligence and radiance.

Her eye catches mine and she smiles brightly, her eyes gleaming with kindness and I know it's real.

She is so real...

I turn to Roman and see him talking to one of our oldest clients, discussing the new R and D progression. His eye seems to lightly move to the side every few seconds, specifically to where Adeline was. He excuses himself and goes to the bar for another drink, as he waits his eyes move to Adeline again. 

But he is staring at her so gently...

There is no hate, lust or want in his eyes...

It looks like desire, confusion and care?

I look back at Adeline and see her move to the laptop restarting the presentation. She writes something down in her notebook.

She looks back up at me and walks my way.

"Are you enjoying yourself Mrs Darren?'' She asks.

"Yes I am Ms Jules" I tease her.

"Sorry Vivian." She says with a slight pout.

I smile wide, " don't worry about it Ember." I say.

She raises her eyebrows, "I know your full name honey and I thought why not develop our friendship further with nicknames." I tease her.

She smiles, "You are one of the coolest moms I have ever met." She says.

"Well I am pretty cool" I say seriously, we both laugh.

She quiets down and smiles, "So cool mom, tell me more about you." She says politely.

"Well besides being a cool mom 24/7. I have a daughter, named Rose who is busy with schooling. My husband is practically whom I'm with all the time but I am planning on getting a dog soon, I miss having someone to take care of." I say honestly.

She nods, "No hobbies?" She asks.

"I used to love dancing up until I had Rome, then I guess I just loved my kids and husband more and left that behind." I tell her.

"Well I think that's remarkable of you." She says.

I smile, "Ember, tell me about you." I ask.

"There isn't much to say about me." She says and looks down.

"I think that you're lying, everyone has something to say." I tell her, she looks up confused, "What about your family?" I ask her.

"My parents passed away and I have an older brother Xavier but he lives pretty far away with his wife and daughter." She says. 

My smile drops, I place my hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry-" I start but am cut off rudely by my son.

"I need you to go to conference room 5c and pick up the files that a Mr Matthews will give you." He tells Ember sternly.

"Yes sir" She says and heads off giving me a smile.

As she exits the room, I go to my son.

"Rome what was that? Is that how I raised you to treat a woman?" I scold him.

"Ma she's my assistant, I talk to her with authority not respect. Besides she's just some girl." He says averting his gaze near the end.

"Is that what you really think? Is she just some girl?" I ask him.

He looks up at me, his face softens "Yes" He says softly, "she is just some girl." He says again.

"Then why are you constantly looking towards some girl, why do you care that Destiny disrespected some girl. why do you glare at any man who looks towards her?" I ask him.

I may be some old lady now, but I know each of my son's habits by heart and in this one day I have seen him glare at more men than ever, just for looking at Adeline.

"I do not." He says with his eyes staring at the ice which melts in his drink.

"Since when does my son lie to his own mother?" I question.

"Rome. hon. it's okay you know. You can let yourself feel for her. She is amazing and kind and real-" He cuts me off.

"Dad called, he's on his way up." Rome says and leaves.

Just open up Rome

Please....

I hold back the tears in my eyes and walk towards the door awaiting my husband's arrival.

Dylan (Rome's dad) arrives and I head up towards him.

He smiles at me and bends down to hug me and place a kiss on my forehead.

"Hi honey." I mumble into his shoulder.

"Is everything okay sweety?" He asks me sweetly.

"Can I fill you in later?" I ask him.

He nods and places another tender kiss upon my forehead. I lace our fingers together and we walk towards Rome.

As soon as we arrive, Rome is sitting at his desk, Adeline stands by him waiting for him to finish looking at the files. Her eyes meet mine and she smiles.

"Go." Rome says to Adeline and she leaves again, I assume to return the files. 

I look up at Dylan and see him awestruck. He looks at me and mouths, "that's the flower shop girl". I mouth back "Rome feels for her". He gasps but nonetheless we both smile, content to witness what is about to happen in our son's life.

Dylan and Rome head off into another room as I wait for Adeline to return so I can speak more with her...

A/N- Hope you guys liked this. I apologize for this late update but I have been really busy and the next month and a half are really packed for me but I will try to write as much as I can :)

I wanna know what you guys think. So let me know what you think of Rome's parents and what you think is going to happen?