Chapter 13

Axel's P.O.V

Yes I pulled a bit of an act at the coffee house. I cut off Willow's phone call quickly so I could get back to the table, promising Willow I would fill her in.

See if Jules introduced me as her best friend the jealousy in Mr Hottie pants would have cooled down but for Adeline to see that she has feeling for him and vice versa he needs to think that Jules and I got something going on.

Plus a good looking man is threatened when another good looking man is near his girl.

My dear Jules has gone to bed early as she was exhausted so Willow and I laid down on the balcony and I explained to her what had happened today.

"I'm telling you Will as soon as he saw me with her his fists clenched, his eyes were glaring daggers into me and I swear he was biting his tongue too. He was so jealous of me being there with her." I told her.

"You know even I think they have something going on. He likes her for sure, but Adeline probably doesn't even recognize it yet. You know when I asked her if he was as big of a jerk as everyone said she just said he's misunderstood. Oh and one day I dropped her off to her office and...

(Flashback in Willow's P.O.V)

I dropped Ember off to her office. As soon as I pulled up Adeline grabbed her bag from the back of the car and when I looked up to see how big the building was I could see him staring at her from his window. But not in a creepy way, like he was longing for her, you know. It looked like he was in pain. 

(Back to Axel's P.O.V)

I'm telling you Axel he looked so broken and it was as if he was looking at her like she was going to fix all the problems." She finished.

We both sat back in silence taking the situation in.

"You think he's hiding something?" I ask.

"I think he's got some sort of past that made him so cold, when I found out about Ember's job and when I started noticing his tactics I looked him up and apparently a few years ago his parents described his as a kid who was full of life. I think something happened to him." She said.

Willow has always been extremely intuitive. She was amazing at understanding people, if she didn't become a chef she would have gotten a psychology degree. 

"What should we do?" I ask her.

"Ember needs to learn about him and get to know him on her own. As much as we want to we shouldn't meddle. Our whole lives she's been there for us no matter what is costed her, if this is her chance in meeting someone who truly loves her then I don't want to do anything to ruin it." She says.

"But I think your little stunt was a push in his direction, he'll probably start trying to figure you out, your meaning in her life. I guess we'll see. Plus she looked a little startled when we mentioned him maybe something happened." She finishes.

"Well I for one think that him and her feel something for each other. I could feel the tension between them. Plus he is one hot man, like really smoking hot." I say.

"Shut up Ax." Willow says as she hits me with a pillow.

"Seriously just think what it would be like when they get together." I say.

"They would look really hot together." She says and we both smile.

"I'm excited for Jules, I think whatever is happening however small it may be now is gonna become something soon." I say and she nods.

We both decide to call it a night and we head to our rooms.

Adeline's P.O.V

I tried really hard to sleep, but his face is showing up everywhere.

His lips being so close to mine,

his eyes staring into mine begging me to do something,

anything.

His hands covering my waist as he pulled me forward.

The way his fists clench when I'm near another man.

The way his icy glare catches mine,

but it softens when our eyes meet.

I close my eyes again and attempt to sleep...

"Rome stop I need to work." I say as Roman chases me around the office.

"You can work later, come kiss me now." He says as he attempts to grab me.

"Rome this is highly unprofessional, you should let me get some work, you know my boss has a temper." I say and he corners me.

"Well tell your boss that no one yells at my girl." He says huskily into my ear.

"Will do." I say as I teasingly bite his ear.

He pulls me closer by grabbing my hips and almost connects our lips, but I push him away and laugh, running away.

"Not funny, you're in trouble for that." He laughs as he begins to chase me again.

I shoot up from my dream, checking the time it read 2 am. Ugh.

Adeline listen up here okay, nope, nope, nope.

He's your boss remember.

Your boss.

B

O

S

S

I breath in deeply and lay back, trying to sleep again but, without any dreams like that.

Roman's P.O.V

I tossed and turned trying to get some sleep, but her angelic face kept haunting me. My heart pounded so loudly in my chest, begging to see her as my mind yelled and screamed for some peace.

I turn and see her conference pass laying with the rest, her smiling face looks so radiant and I can't bring my eyes away.

I close my eyes, trying to sleep but yet again I dream only of her.

"Adeline! Adeline!" I call for her.

"I'm here." She says.

"Can you help me with my-" I turn around and stop as my words get caught in my throat. 

The definition of beautiful stand in front of me.

Her hair curled and put into a low bun with her floor length red dress which has a slit that comes up mid thigh. She looked so gorgeous my eyes couldn't stop wandering.

"What happened Rome?" She asks, placing her small hands on my shoulders.

"I needed um- I needed um" I try to find the words.

"Just say what you need." She says with a small laugh.

"Kiss me" I say, she smiles and looks down with a blush.

I grab her waist and pull her towards me and she softly gasps. Her arms wrap around my neck and mine go further up in an attempt to pull her closer. She moves her lips closer and they hover over mine.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I wake up abruptly and see that my alarm clock is buzzing, I pick it up and stare at it in anger. 

A/N- THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE! WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?

<3<3<3 :)