✗ TEN ✗

"Hey, tosser! Open the door!"

Niko cracked one eye open and groaned when the light of the sun hit his eyes and a cold breeze blew through the window he didn't even bother to close the night before. He shivered, even if his whole body was cocooned in a pile of ragged sheets and old large holey t-shirts. He felt like he should be grateful that he doesn't live in an area that snowed or even rained too much, but it doesn't change the fact that his balls were blue despite excessive masturbation all the time, as Roger so eloquently put it.

Niko's mouth burned from the stale scent of nicotine as his whole body hurt and the vertebrae popped in his neck when he lifted it to rub the salty crust out of his eyes. He yawned and ran a hand through the mess of dark brown curls on his head before lugging his dead weight out of bed and rummaging around in his drawers for a clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

"Oi, wanker!"

"Coming, you arse-cunt," grumbled Niko as he pulled his clothes on. He pulled open the door, which revealed Roger Salsky standing in the doorway. Roger was tall, even for his age, and lanky. Roger had light blonde hair and always wore beanies and Niko couldn't remember a time ever seeing him without a cigarette hanging lazily out of his mouth, as he did now. Roger wore jeans that were painted on, tight enough to shape the slight bump of his cock, and tank tops that showed off the fact that he still had muscles. He only smiled out of the left side of his mouth and Niko remembered the first time they met, which was at their first rugby training in their secondary school, Roger was smiling like that when he tossed Niko the oval-shaped ball. "What do you want?"

"Your sister's hot piece of an arse but that's not happening anytime soon so..." Roger smirked as he bumped shoulders with Niko when he rudely strode in. Niko rolled his eyes as Roger flopped onto Niko's unmade bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just wanting to know how my best mate is doing," said Roger with a crooked grin, "That's all."

Niko cocked his eyebrows, but didn't say anything- after all, Roger and Niko did had a falling out at Davies' party. Niko knew it was particularly effeminating of him to stop talking to Roger because of one petty disagreement over the drug settlement but lately whatever Roger did, Niko felt his irritation being enhanced to a higher degree- even that half-crooked smile Roger liked to wear was starting to become annoying.

"Really?"

"Yeah. And I need some more shit. Also, Davies saw you hanging with that Sebastian Faze faggot. What were you doing there?" A swell of protective rage buoyed up Niko's chest and the urge to defend Sebastian practically sprung upon Niko's tongue before Niko could understand it- the boy made the slightest chip in the lonesome everyday pattern that only Niko's fascination could break through. Sebastian was new. Sebastian was interesting.

"He wanted some of the shit I had," Niko shrugged as nonchalantly as he could and guilt pooled at the bottom of Niko's guts like blood for trying to cover up his association. "He had the money so a deal's a deal, right?"

Roger sniffed, "Whatever, he's a fucking ponce. Anyway, you up for Davies tonight?"

Niko hated Davies, actually. Could barely tolerate him whenever they were within the same oxygen levels. Davies was always chubby and fat, which wasn't the annoying part, but Davies was obnoxious and loud with his racist jokes and jabs about fucking everybody's mothers, despite the fact that Niko had told Davies to knock it off with the Mum jokes when Niko was particularly sensitive about it- because his mother was a depressed druggie. Nonetheless, even before Niko decided Roger was irritating and started hanging out with Sebastian, Niko knew he would much prefer Sebastian's company than Davies. Sebastian was quiet but as they became friends, as Niko finally coaxed the sweet kid out of his hard shell, Niko realised that Sebastian was funny without ever being mean, funny while witty and smart, making Niko wished he had paid a little more attention to history class to understand Sebastian's Communism jokes.

But of course, he didn't pay any attention in history class because he didn't care about school, didn't care about the perfect ten year plan and college and getting married to 'the one', only cared about getting high, burning his lungs and tempting death because his brother was six feet underground, his mother was passed out most of the time and his father was this slumdog who never noticed him and spent most of his mortgage on beer and cigarettes.

Isn't he such a fabulous cliché?

Niko smiled at Roger, with devil's intent. "Sure, I'm up for Davies party."

Niko sometimes loathed how predictable he was.

_________________________________________________________

a litle bit of background, yo. haven't updated in ages, but here you go. :)

comment, vote and check out my other stuff if you want to :)