✗ FIFTY ✗

If Sebastian had it his way, it would be a perfect world where a Greg didn't exist, his mother was rolling in cash, Violet didn't sleep with boys who couldn't appreciate her and he would remain forever with Niko- as they really were; ablaze, danci...

If Sebastian had it his way, it would be a perfect world where a Greg didn't exist, his mother was rolling in cash, Violet didn't sleep with boys who couldn't appreciate her and he would remain forever with Niko- as they really were; ablaze, dancing with the constellations. Whether they were united in defiance against the hatred of others who didn't accept them, or silently tracing circles each other's skins without really touching each other in the deepest, darkest nights, it didn't matter what their circumstances were as long as they were together. Because they were Sebastian and Niko and Niko and Sebastian.

And in a perfect world- his perfect world- it was all he needed because without Niko Salinger, there would be no Sebastian Faze and without any Sebastian Faze, there would be no Niko Salinger.

-

Sebastian was the one who found him.

It began as a normal morning and a rather unsuspecting day- and the way how the morning appeared should've been the first indication of how everything was starting to go awry from then on. It was one of those sharp and cold and cloudless glimmering days, where your breath would explode out of your mouth like a dragon and it was all perfect light blue sky that mirrored the colour of his own eyes.

It had been a few days since Greg's funeral and everybody was still at the stage of transition- especially his mother. She was still in shock, but there were moments where he caught expressions of relief in her eyes like she was secretly glad he was gone. The usually tense and jaded atmosphere that filled the air of his house dissipated into a more peaceful tone, something less toxic and poisoning. Sebastian knew it was wrong- sinful even, murderous of course. What he committed was not right, never right, but he wouldn't take it back. He would do it all again if he could because he was sparing his mother the anxiety she felt whenever Greg came home drunk, the heartache and pain that came along with Greg.

He saved her. He did it to save her.

And he would do it all again.

However, sins, no matter how good the rewards, will always go punished.

-

"Niko?" Sebastian called out, poking his head into the Niko's family flat. Rae had unlocked the door for him as she was leaving the grocery store. She said Niko was probably still sleeping in his room.

But there was something wrong- he could feel it. The uneasiness in his stomach began to boil when silence answered his call and pervaded the space. Did Niko hear him? Could Niko hear him?

He knocked on the door that was the barrier to Niko's room. Again, silence whispered back. His pulse skipped a beat. His hand enclosed around the doorknob and twisted, swinging it open. It revealed a messy room of typical teenage boy proportions and a slumbering dark-haired, warm skin boy, nestled in a cocoon of sheets. To his side was a table- packages of pills from all type; ketamine, MDMA, hydrocodone, xanax, Adderall.

Sebastian sat by the edge of Niko's bed and shook his shoulder. He waited for a response. Oh, no. "Niko, wake up," Sebastian said, panic and horror began to leak into his voice, "Wake up please."

Sebastian pressed his lips to Niko's. He tasted like whisky and cigarettes, or very much like two teenagers running down a dark street at two in the morning, and sobbed into Niko's chest, begging him to wake up. He didn't. Why, of course, he didn't.

Sebastian was, after all, no God. 

-

THERE'S ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT

WHAT THE FUCK

AHHH

CAN'T BELIEVE I FINISH THIS

ready???

(no, nope)

dedicated to grlwax.