chapter 2

JACKS POV:

  "And some guy was like, for fucks sake it's not a horse!" Mikey threw his hands in the air and exclaimed. The boys all laughed at the story he was telling. I was trying to pay attention, sure, but it's hard to when you've heard the story twenty times.
  "Yeah, yeah! Jack was there too, wasn't it hilarious Jack?" Mikey hit my arm excitedly. My eyes glanced up to him and I stifled a laugh.
  "Yeah totally hilarious, Mikey why don't you tell them about that uh- that one guy at the restaurant earlier." I nudged his side. His eyes instantly lit up as he went on to explain the rest of the story. This I'm I got distracted by a girl walking into my view. Mikey kept nudging my side and talking loud as if you cue a laugh from me, but I wasn't listening. Everything seemed inaudible at the moment.
  "Yeah! Talk to you later." Mikey waved bye to George and Abe. He turned to me in a confused stare.
  "Jack mate, what's up, you seem really distracted." He ruffled my hair.
  "Ay its nothing. Just a bit tired is all." I falsely explained. He nodded as if he understood and took a sip of his drink, his eyes scanning the room.
  "Jack, look at her." He nudged my side with his elbow again and smirked.
  "Yes mikey, I have seen her." I just stared at him.
  "Ohh that's why you're acting all weird. Jacks got a little crush! She's quite the looker mate." He gestured towards her.
  "Hey, look. I'll go talk to her for you." He wrapped his arm around me and put his red solo cup to my chest, then went on his way before I could say no.

ALEXS POV:

  I saw a guy walking in my direction and I instantly turned a little.
  "Hey! I'm Michael. You can call me Mikey though. All the friends call me LP." He moved so he was facing me, leaning onto the table in front of me. It made a creaking sound beneath his arm. His smile faded a little and he stood straight hoping not to break it.
  "Alex." I nodded towards him, my eyes glancing around the room in search of Victoria or at least Conor.
  "Very nice to meet you." He gave a quick smile before pulling up a chair next to me.
  "You too." I gave a smile.
  "Are you from around here? I don't believe I've seen you before."
  "I don't live far. My roommate is old friends with a guy named Anth? He invited us." I explained.
  "Oh Anth? I'm pretty good friends with him myself. But uh- my best mate is Jack." He grabbed a random cup and took a swig, staring at me over the rim.
  "That's cool." Was all that could slip from my mouth. Honestly I wasn't meaning to be rude in anyway. Sometimes I can't tell. It grew silent between us as we looked around.
  "Seen anyone tonight?" The male let out a chuckle, I glanced at him for a moment scrunching my nose as I shook my head.
  "Not really, or maybe I'm not really looking." I shrugged. It was a small fib, only if you want to count Conor who wasnt too hard on the eyes.
  "Oh come on there has to be someone!" He grinned.
  "If there was, why are you asking?" I raised my eyebrow. He held both hands up in protest.
  "Hey, hey, hey. I was just curious." I just rolled my eyes playfully at his response.
  "Well if you must know, the only male that I've talked to besides you and Anth is a guy named Conor. Kinda cute." I shrugged again. Sure Conor was cute- but as I said before. I'm too busy for boys.
  "Conor?" He coughed a little, setting the drink down. "Brown hair, looks tired all the time?"
  "Oh hey, you know Conor." I laughed.
  "Boy." He clapped his hands together and let out an uneasy laugh.
  "What? You asked me who I've seen tonight. No need to be so judgey." I scoffed.
  "No! No, funny story actually-" he scratched the back of his neck. "His brother, my friend Jack, and he happens to fancy you a bit." He gestured behind me. I finally turned and saw who I assumed was Jack standing there staring at something I couldn't see, wearing a green velvet jacket over a black T-shirt and black jeans like his brother. They looked similar.
  "Blondie?" I turned to Mikey.
  "The one and only." He surveyed my face, probably to see my reaction.
  "If he likes me so much then why didn't he just come over here and talk to me himself?" I scrunched my nose and held back a laugh. "I'm sorry but we aren't in primary school anymore."
  "I'm just his wing man." He lifted the collar of his blazer. I just gave him a nod.
  "And a fantastic wing man at that." I giggled. "You can tell Jack that I am not a big scary girl and if he's really interested then he can put on his big boy pants and come talk to me himself; no offense to you Mikey, I enjoyed this conversation." I gave a smile and patted his hand which was on his knee. His eyebrows raised at the change in conversation and he slowly rose saying a quick goodbye before heading back to Jack. I chuckled softly and pulled out my phone. I saw I had a text from Victoria about ten minutes ago.