chapter 5

3:46 pm. Jack:
Hey!

I felt my vibrate across the table in my sound booth.

"Who is that?" Victoria asked as she sunk her teeth into her subway sandwich. I shrugged and rolled in my chair over to my phone to see who it was.

"Jack, he just texted hey." I rolled back to the table where she and I were having lunch. She left and brought back subway.

"Who was that girl he brought earlier? She was locked to his arm when they walked in." She rolled her eyes.

"No idea what they are in relation to each other, but her name is Allison. She was kind of annoying." I shrugged once more.

"Ooh, someone jealous?" My best friend smirked in my direction.

"No, I honestly don't care who he talks to, its not like he's my boyfriend. She was just- snobby? Jack was trying to talk and she would just interrupt." I scrunched my nose as I thought about how to describe my experience.

"She wasn't even that pretty." Victoria added to make me feel better.

"Thanks for the encouragement." I rolled my eyes playfully and started to text him back.

3:53 pm. Alex:
Hey! What's up
3:53 pm. Jack:
Nothing really, Mikey and I are about to hit the gym.

Immediate response.

3:54 pm. Alex:
How fun, I'm still stuck at work. Allison tagging along?

I figured I might as well be nice and make it seem like I care about the female.

3:56 pm. Jack:
Ah, as much fun that would be, she left quite a big ago.

3:56 pm. Jack:
Still stuck at work you said?! That's insane. Do you need me to bring you some food or anything for lunch?

3:57 pm. Alex:
I'm fine, but thank you though. Victoria and I are eating right now actually.

3:58 pm. Jack:
No problem, how long will you be working?

3:59 pm. Alex:
Until 5

He stopped replying, and I got pulled back into reality by Victoria talking.

"Am I right?" She asked laughing

"Right about what?" I asked confused.

"Were you not even listening?" She groaned playfully. "What did you and jack talk about?" She asked.