CHAPTER : 10

I looked in front of me and stared into the eyes of a stranger. Her brown eyes with a perfect eyeliner stared at me. Her raven hair cascading in waves framed her face in a perfectly beautiful way. Her dress which was quite short against her liking touched her thighs in neat pleats. Her chest looked more fuller in the heart-shaped neckline and she was wearing the one thing she never used to wear. Heels. Her makeup is minimal to avoid looking too desperate.

As I looked at the mirror, I couldn't believe it was my reflection staring back at me. I never thought I could look pretty like other girls. I never even tried to look pretty to avoid unnecessary attention and even though I was looking pretty right now, I was not happy with the change.

I've always been a closed book, hiding in sweatshirts and converses but today it seemed like I was more vulnerable and bare than ever.

I didn't even want to go to that party but Liza would kill me if I ditched her. So I grabbed my belongings, got into the car and drove to Max's place.

****

It was quite hard to park my car in the parking lot but I somehow found a spot beside a black sedan. I thought I've seen the car somewhere but couldn't remember where. I shrugged my shoulders and got out of the car with my clutch.

As soon as I entered the house I got hit by the strong smell of alcohol and booze. The living room was transformed into a makeshift dancefloor with the fairy lights dancing here and there. It was very dark except for the dim lamps placed here and there which were probably not a part of the party decor. Max's house was full of students from our school but I did notice many unknown faces too and like every other party, the crowd was mostly concentrated at the bar in the kitchen where people were doing a drinking competition.

So typical.

I was going to text Liza and find her when someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me in a room. I was very shocked but when I saw it was a girl jumping up and down like a kid aka Liza, I was relieved.

"Ooh, my-God. Did you look at all their faces when you entered the party?! The guys were like I-want-to-fuck-you and the girls were like I-want-to-kill-you! Haaah! Told you that you'll look like a hot killer on the loose!" She laughed an evil laugh.

"Liza I look nothing if not a slut. Did you have to buy such a short dress?" I tried to pull the dress down a little but my chest, on the other hand, got more exposure.

"No no you don't look like a slut but a vixen." She winked and pulled me outside of the room. Max was waiting outside for Liza with another guy, who looked just like..Ivan?

"Rose darling we meet again! The world is indeed a small place! Tell me did you miss me?" Ivan hugged me and patted my back.

I was going to introduce Ivan to Liza but she already flew away with her boyfriend.

"Don't you think that it hasn't been too long to miss you already? You left my place yesterday evening so I didn't get a chance to miss you. Sorry." I made a face which was far from being sorry. The music blasting from the speakers were so loud that we had to literally yell into each other's ears.

"You hurt me, Rose! But don't worry I heart you too and before you ask I'd like to inform that Max is my friend and we met at rugby practice. So tell me why are you looking so...not you in this party?" I couldn't help but blush at the compliment.

"Max is my best friend's boyfriend so I got invited too." He nodded his head as if it was a piece of useless information.

"Hey wanna grab a drink? I heard there's a drinking competition wanna bet?" He wiggled his eyebrows in a goofy way and made me giggle. It felt weird. I never talked to most people, let alone guys. Making a conversation was not exactly my forte. 

"No, I can't. I'm still underage but you can go ahead, I won't mind"

"Naah. I better be your guard dog cause everyone in this party is trying to get their hands on you. Anyways most girls are lightweights and probably shouldn't drink. I am not going to be the one holding your hair while you throw up in the bathroom. Forget I even asked." There was this smug smile on his face which clearly said that he was manipulating me but being the idiotic person I was, I had to take part in the bet. The surge of confidence that came out of nowhere ensured that.

Thus, it ended my sweet ass in the kitchen where people were gathering in heaps and bunches, as soon as they heard that a girl was up for the competition.

I never drank alcohol before so, when I had the first drink I was very careful. I took a small sip like I was sipping tea and it was the worst decision I've ever made. The drink was so bitter I wanted to puke and it was clearly visible on my face as I shuddered but the people around me were already chanting CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG while Ivan was already on his sixth shot.

I closed my eyes, picked up a drink, and started tipping down the shot glasses one by one. It was quite a miracle that I was able to hold my stomach through it all.

After a couple of shots, it was very much clear Ivan won and I lost but I was too drunk to acknowledge it. Someone, I guess Liza, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor and we started dancing like it was the last day on the world and there was nothing holding us back.

At a certain point of time I could feel someone or rather their hands on me and as they tried to get close to me in an inappropriate way but clouded by the fog of alcohol, I barely even cared as the pounding music beat pumped in my veins and I danced like I have never before. Too drunk to even care to comprehend the sudden noise of a sickening crack of bone. 

I barely felt being picked up bridal style and a car driving at high speed. I wanted to know who took me away from the party and was beside me driving the car but all I saw was hands with white knuckles clenching the steering wheel and green eyes...