CHAPTER : 30

(Recommended reading while playing the YouTube video above.)

****

The small pieces of snow drifted from the night sky, sparkling in the dark like stars. The view outside the window looked so peaceful and calm with only the faint swish of leaves blowing in the chilly wind, humming in the background. The crescent moon looked upon the night, with its aurora fighting off the darkness. I wanted to go outside and take a scrunch of ice in my hands and feel the numbness that would come after the feeling of the chilled needles have subsided. The cold wind would have blown my raven hair as I stood with my eyes closed, as the emptiness around me settles my mind.

This would have been my perfect moment only if...

Only if Ivan was not manhandling me.

His ice-cold nose occasionally brushing the edge of my nose, raged goosebumps all over my body. I felt the strong bite of pain from the edge of the kitchen counter as he terrorized, tried to molest me without mercy. The emergency of his lips matched his eager hands as he tried to pull up my sweater. I would have fought back if I hadn't already given up.

I gave up long ago when my father beat me up continuously even when he saw the hurt laced tears streaking my face. He simply ignored how much pain I felt as I cried and looked up at him to show some mercy. I hoped to see love through the redness in his eyes but all I saw was anger and hatred towards me.

They say that the relationship between a father and his daughter is very precious but I think there are exceptions to everything.

I used to go to school and see those girls and boys talking about their father and how they gave them things that they always wanted and never asked for. I never asked for what happened to me either and I never wanted it but every week I would have to find an excuse for the cut across my forehead or the black blotches on my skin. Every damn week.

It broke me, it shattered me and it lost me.

I gave up because I knew what was going to happen, and I am going to give up because I know what's going to happen.

The plate on the rustic kitchen counter dropped and shattered into a million pieces, never to be reformed back together. More utensils followed as Ivan swiped his hand over the counter to make space for his crime.

My feet were lifted up the floor and kept dangling as I was forced to sit on the counter top. The rain kept on falling down my eyes as I  tried to beg him to stop. I wondered whether he was able to hear what I said with my begging hands or was he just simply ignoring me.

Ivan roughly pushed my legs apart and stood in between them. In a snap of a second, his clothes came off. My hands clutched the sweater I was wearing, with all their might as he struggled to pull it off. The knife sitting in the knife stand grabbed his attention as he pulled one out with a devilish smirk on his face.

The sharp rip of the clothes echoed in my ears as Ivan tore it with a cannibalistic glory on his face. The cold air bit my skin harshly as I felt my teeth chattering while his eager hands were slowly moving towards my chest to touch, grope, and violate me.

It was over. Over for me.

"Don't. You. Dare."

The deep voice seething with anger was too loud to be ignored. Not to mention that it was definitely familiar. I couldn't decide whether to feel relieved or fear. The smile on Ivan's face rose a notch higher at the sight of his friend but it was clear that Mr. Dimitri was being anything but friendly. Although my back was faced towards Mr. Dimitri, I could tell that the glare from his green eyes didn't affect Ivan at all.

"Hello, my friend! How are you? Long time no see." Ivan pulled me towards him and hugged me so that our chests were glued to each other. I knew that he was trying to provoke Mr. Dimitri and the audible crack of knuckles from behind me was proof enough that it was working.

"Get away from her. Right now." A deep growl of rage erupted from his throat as Ivan squeezed me in his arms.

"She is so soft, mmhmm. I bet she will melt as soon as I put my mouth on her." I could feel the dent in his pants poking me on my knee. The violation I felt was indescribable but the sudden image of Liza flashed in front of my eyes. If she had been in my place, she would have never tolerated this and instead, she would have fought back. She would have wanted me to fight back too.

So that's what I did.

I fought back.

The victory was slapped out of Ivan's face as my knee made contact with his manhood. He fell to the ground as he kept clutching his gender while cursing with his clenched jaw.

Mr. Dimitri took off his jacket and put it over me, trying very hard to control himself from beating up his friend. The longing look in his green eyes focused on me, motioning me to go upstairs. I wasted no time and ran up the stairs.

I shouldn't have but I did.

I shouldn't have looked back.

I shouldn't have seen Mr. Dimitri kneel down to pick up my sweater and smell it.

I shouldn't have seen the sadistic fire in his eyes when he picked up the knife.

I shouldn't have seen him moving towards Ivan with his fingers clenched around the knife.

I shouldn't have but I did.